OMG! If I wasn't so poor I would be spending all my money on this!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by DougMen, May 1, 2021.

1. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I was being rather too sarcastic in my response to you. I too like to have a lot of different guitars, because variety is fun, but, at the end of the day, I so much prefer the basic Strat format, in the body style and the scale length and playability of a Strat, that having one that I could get a P90 or Firebird or HB or Filtertron sound from at a moment's notice, is quite intriguing.

MrYeats, grizzlewulf and Eddd like this.
  2. fadetoz

fadetoz Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    One thing I miss is when you play one guitar you know the guitar well and get muscle memory for the neck and bends. Switching guitars can be a pain because the frets are different and the tesion is different and scale length (sometimes).
    So getting all the different sounds out of the same guitar would be cool. I just like having different guitars with a different feel and vibe.

mb doug, IronSchef, MrYeats and 2 others like this.
  3. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    Playing devil's advocate again... don't many players (maybe most?) prefer different neck/bridge/tremolo configurations when jumping from style to style? If a player has enough range to cover both mellow roots music and heavy metal shredding, they're probably going to want more than just different pickups going between the two extremes.

mb doug and MrYeats like this.
  4. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Who are these "many or most" players? Most of the greatest players I know, like Jeff beck or Robben Ford, can cover just about any style with a single guitar. Richie Kotzen is another who covers lots of ground, all on his signature Tele. I think the reality of it is that we all just like having lots of toys as much as we like actually making music with them.
    I live in a tiny one room studio apartment, and if the guitar here were Squier priced, say $500 instead of $2500, and the modules were also affordable, say $50 each, I'd love being able to cover any sound with one guitar, instead of ten or more taking up so much valuable real estate in my room. Of course, they don't have a Strat model with a vibrato, 'cause the block, springs, and claw would be in the way of the area where the modules go, so that's a deal breaker for me, 'cause I gotta have a vibrato. That's the one big drawback to my Teles, no vibrato.

mb doug likes this.
  5. stylemessiah

stylemessiah Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Because its just another fad that will disappear into the void before this thread is 2 weeks old....

p.s. And they saw you coming...someone willing to keep buying bits that essentially will make 0% difference :) Or you're a mouthpiece for them....

p.p.s Plus it sounds terrible

6. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    You call yourself a messiah? What an egomaniac! I agree with the mess part though. You've just earned a place on my ignore list. If you think different pickups make zero difference, then your hearing and playing ability must be as bad as your argument.

7. reiuqs

reiuqs Squier Talker

Apr 17, 2015
    Colorado
    I wish I could swap my hands out for different guitars I play. "Want to play that baritone?...swap...baritone hands for long reaches...Want to play that mustang, swap...mustang hands for crammed areas...." :) Just playin, looks cool, with my luck I would lose the modules and have an empty hole or two.

8. Rodiebobw

Rodiebobw Squier-holic

Jan 12, 2020
    Rockwall, Tx.
    Id rather do it the slow painful way, coz need to find out out why.. Dam-it!

9. stylemessiah

stylemessiah Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm heartbroken im on your ignore list and stunned at just how childish you are that get butthurt at a little criticism and mostly, humour

10. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia