Old Members Introduction

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by MrYeats, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Trumpy

Trumpy Squier Talker

Feb 5, 2018
    Western WI
    Tom here. Got back into playing after a 49 year recess. Old enough to have the aircraft carrier I was on during Vietnam to have been sunk as an artificial reef. Then name of my high school was changed for political correctness. I don't have GAS attacks after getting a collection of 4. A CV50's, a Fender Jaguar that was made in China, an MIM Jaguar and a AM strat. My dogs are Shelties and my motorcycle is a 2016 Triumph T120 Bonnie.

duzie, Treehouse, MI redneck and 3 others like this.
  2. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    Welcome to the forum Trumpy.. Back in the DAY, I rode BSA, Truimph bikes...Still got that Trumpet sentimentality when I see one or hear about one... I had a 74 Bonne 750 motor on a 66 Daytona frame, and a 77 Trident tank...It eventally got stolen and I never saw it again after all that work...I did build some Yams though a few years back....

72 Y 650 cafe I built from a bike I bought on Ebay..
    dd7.jpg

The same 72 before it was a cafe....
    ee1.jpg

81 Y 400 bobbed from a stock bike...
    ee3.jpg

In Color
    ll9.jpg

3. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I've mis-quoted replies in a different thread before. I always wondered how that happened. ha ha

MI redneck, dbrian66 and MrYeats like this.
  4. strummer101

strummer101 Squier-Meister

Jun 13, 2019
    ohio
    I never introduced my self to the forum, my name is Ed, I have played guitar since I was 12, I do not consider myself a great player and I am always learning, I am in a band that plays out about once a month and we practice once a week, I also have guys come to my place for blues jams. my weak area is recording. I am not sure how many guitars I have. I really need to take inventory. of my guitars that is.....

-r3-, wickedtools, MrYeats and 3 others like this.
  5. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    I'm not certain I did an introductory thread, when I first started. Anyway, I'm Jeff, if you could not already tell. My 'handle' is a very old one, going back to bulletin board days, before they opened up some punctuation type characters. It was an unpunctuated Jeff (&) family.

I've been here over 5 years. It is a very enjoyable place to hang out and converse. I've been on a number of forums over the years, including one for ministers. It, nor any other was as congenial.

I kind of backed into the forum.
    My late wife knew I'd been wanting to explore a Strat with maple neck. One time she stopped in a pawn shop and saw one. It became my anniversary present that year. It was my first F style guitar, first bolt neck, first maple fretboard, and first single coil guitar. I played it periodically since she gave it to me, but liked little about it.

I sought out and joined the forum to find out what I was missing, given the Strats popularity. I also wanted to find out what I had, beyond it being a 20th Anniversary Squier Strat. (It was an unmarked Standard,). Anyway. I learned it was the maple fretboard and bolt neck I had issues with. I eventually made peace with the bolt neck. Thanks to a 5 bolt Peavey Limited EXP Superstrat. I doubt that will ever happen with maple.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  6. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Those old Yamaha twins were interesting old bikes. Worked on a 650, but never had one. I did have two different Special 400's. Decent little bike. I was a bit large for it, but it worked as a short commuter. Enough power for my riding, but I really needed a shorter, much,. much heavier bike, to counterbalance my fat rear end. LOL.

MrYeats likes this.
  7. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    Let's take a vote to have this thread pinned .

Yea, or Nay....

duceditor and MI redneck like this.
  8. beagle

beagle Squier-Nut

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    I don't think I ever introduced myself here. I'm Dave, been around a while now, much longer on Strat-Talk and TDPRI. I'm only here for the beer.

9. MI redneck

MI redneck Squier-Meister

May 7, 2020
    MI
    Aye!

10. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    Just a bump up to give the new guys something to discuss over coffee.