Ode To The Great PAS Sale of 2022

blackspider57

Squier-holic
Mar 11, 2017
Somewhere east of the rockies
Since I was hanging out in the "50s"
the decade of my birth
I thought I would take this out for a spin.
The same "White Blonde" Rechristened Faded Shell pink. The sister to the Telecaster, the 50s Stratocaster.
As with all of the guitars I bought from the great PAS Sale of 2022, everything was spot on. Played great out of the box, but deserving of some fine-tuning adjustments for my personal taste. Another 8+ pound wonder (was hoping for mid-7) but all of my Classic vibes except the Thinline are 8+.
Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 7.51.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 7.51.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 7.52.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 7.51.25 PM.png

Telechamp

Squier-Meister
Jan 17, 2011
Florida
I only grabbed one from this PAS sale, but I probably should have gotten a couple more.. I got an open box (but brand new) CV60's Tele Thinline for $219.99. I've posted it up here a few times already, but here we go again! LOL

x1IPHMM.jpg

7wTBLbx.jpg

UJ9t5MD.jpg

RCTRViu.jpg

Bq391yt.jpg

Uncle Joe

Squier-holic
Dec 18, 2015
Jersey
I only grabbed one from this PAS sale, but I probably should have gotten a couple more.. I got an open box (but brand new) CV60's Tele Thinline for $219.99. I've posted it up here a few times already, but here we go again! LOL

x1IPHMM.jpg

7wTBLbx.jpg

UJ9t5MD.jpg

RCTRViu.jpg

Bq391yt.jpg
Beautiful guitar. Getting just one makes the taste sweeter, I think. Hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Telechamp

Squier-Meister
Jan 17, 2011
Florida
Beautiful guitar. Getting just one makes the taste sweeter, I think. Hope you enjoy it for a long time.
Thanks, Uncle Joe. Yeah, it's a keeper. The tuners are slipping a little, so I'm not sure if I'm going to keep those tuners in or not - but I'm gonna give them a little while to come around.. If I decide to swap 'em out, no biggie.

Uncle Joe

Squier-holic
Dec 18, 2015
Jersey
Thanks, Uncle Joe. Yeah, it's a keeper. The tuners are slipping a little, so I'm not sure if I'm going to keep those tuners in or not - but I'm gonna give them a little while to come around.. If I decide to swap 'em out, no biggie.
I have the vintage style tuners on mine too, and they're holding fine. I set it up with a new set of tens, and I did my best to get them on correctly so they wouldn't slip. You may want to try a new set of strings before you swap out the tuners, but you may play more aggressively (read: better) so keep that in mind when you consider my opinion.

Telechamp

Squier-Meister
Jan 17, 2011
Florida
I have the vintage style tuners on mine too, and they're holding fine. I set it up with a new set of tens, and I did my best to get them on correctly so they wouldn't slip. You may want to try a new set of strings before you swap out the tuners, but you may play more aggressively (read: better) so keep that in mind when you consider my opinion.

I am going to swap out the stock strings either tonight or tomorrow (for 9's). It seems to me that the guitar came with 10's, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I'll see what a new set of strings does for the tuners, if anything. I'll also give those tuners a spin (w/ the strings off) with my battery-powered string winder and see if that helps with the slop in them. Three of the tuners have some slop in them, and the other three are fine.

I've got the vintage style tuners on my two other Classic Vibes (earlier ones - a 2009 CV50's and a 2010 CVC), and they work great.

n7gwyx8.jpg

Uncle Joe

Squier-holic
Dec 18, 2015
Jersey
I am going to swap out the stock strings either tonight or tomorrow (for 9's). It seems to me that the guitar came with 10's, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I'll see what a new set of strings does for the tuners, if anything. I'll also give those tuners a spin (w/ the strings off) with my battery-powered string winder and see if that helps with the slop in them. Three of the tuners have some slop in them, and the other three are fine.

I've got the vintage style tuners on my two other Classic Vibes (earlier ones - a 2009 CV50's and a 2010 CVC), and they work great.

n7gwyx8.jpg
Those are beautiful guitars! Just my style. Here's a couple of my favorites, a MII sparkle Squier Bullet and a CIJ 62 RI...

CIJ 62 RI Tele & Squire Sparkle Bullet Tele (2).jpg

Last edited:

Uncle Joe

Squier-holic
Dec 18, 2015
Jersey
Nice pair! I've got a Bullet Tele as well. Snagged it for $130 a year or so (??) ago from Musicians Friend.

9RwUeSz.jpg
Nice color. Sweet. I wanted the 2019 Sparkle Red and was shocked at how nice it was right out of the box. So much nicer than the similarly inexpensive '51s and Bullet Strats that had passed through my hands prior.

I liked it so much that I fitted it with a black pickguard sans adjustment screws and a set of Amazon procured Fleor budget pickups that emulate my 62 RI. Nice player now.

Here are my old '51s, two gifted and one sold at a value that covered the other two (not including what I spent on mods, unfortunately)...

Squier'51s.jpg

Last edited:

Telechamp

Squier-Meister
Jan 17, 2011
Florida
Nice color. Sweet. I wanted the 2019 Sparkle Red and was shocked at how nice it was right out of the box. So much nicer than the similarly inexpensive '51s and Bullet Strats that had passed through my hands prior.

I liked it so much that I fitted it with a black pickguard sans adjustment screws and a set of Amazon procured Fleor budget pickups that emulate my 62 RI. Nice player now.

Here are my old '51s, two gifted and one sold at a value that covered the other two (not including what I spent on mods, unfortunately)...

View attachment 247527
Yeah, it was much nicer than I expected. I figured I'd have to swap out the pups, but no need to. I will replace the tuners at some point, though.

Had to file the fret ends with my StewMac fret end dressing file, and polish the frets, but that was about it. I play it all the time.

Anacharsis

Squier-Meister
Aug 31, 2019
United States
Here's hoping I get mine. I got the "shipped" notice on Monday morning, but there is still no tracking info of any kind. PAS says that's normal because FedEx. So I guess it's just wait and see.

If I don't have at least a tracking update by Monday, I may just cancel and return it if it shows up. I'm in Illinois. This isn't hard.

blackspider57

Squier-holic
Mar 11, 2017
Time to keep the "Ode" moving forward.
The Classic Butterscotch Blonde 50s Telecaster in a color that apparently never existed in the 50s?
Oh well. Looks good, and sounds good. Weighs in at 8.4 pounds. Was wishing for a 7.5 but all things considered
at least it was not 9+

The back had an odd mismatch of wood,
not a deal breaker, (my motto is: "If I can't see it while playing, it does not bother me") but I complained anyways (it's what I do) Actually I did not really complain, I just pointed it out and received a $50.00 refund, so for a grand total of $200.00 I became the owner of this lovely brand new "open box" Telecaster.
Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 6.46.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 6.46.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 6.44.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 6.45.48 PM.png

blackspider57

Squier-holic
Mar 11, 2017
More Ode.
Affinity Telecaster Olympic White.
Funny thing that this guitar might be close to being my favorite of the great PAS Sale of 2022. But I did say might. 😉

With the discontinuation of the Standard/Deluxe and Vintage Modified series, the new Affinities have taken a few steps up in quality and features, and this is a really nice guitar. And when sitting down the comfort cut is very nice as well.
Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 4.51.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 4.51.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 4.52.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 4.54.09 PM.png

usedblues

Squier Talker
Dec 23, 2022
cuyahoga falls, oh
As the obsurdly good sale from Pro Audio Star finally winds down, I figured it would be a good idea to record all the awesome deals everyone snagged up. What awesome guitars did you pick up and what did you pay for them?

Overview of Sale
What: New / Used (probably returns) Squier Guitars, more than 50% off. Some of us got partial refunds for nut work making them effectively even less. Included free shipping too.
When: Sales started early September for Labor Day and are just now tapering off.
Where: Pro Audio Star website and Reverb store.
wow.. nice grabs.. i will be sniffing around that site next year.. many thx

johnnywizzo

Squier-holic
Feb 4, 2016
More Ode.
Affinity Telecaster Olympic White.
Funny thing that this guitar might be close to being my favorite of the great PAS Sale of 2022. But I did say might. 😉

With the discontinuation of the Standard/Deluxe and Vintage Modified series, the new Affinities have taken a few steps up in quality and features, and this is a really nice guitar. And when sitting down the comfort cut is very nice as well.
View attachment 249307 View attachment 249308 View attachment 249309 View attachment 249310
A very fine guitar! Mine will be getting a lot of play time.

Latest posts