NUGD

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by nitro, Mar 28, 2017.

1. nitro

nitro Squier-Meister

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Dang that turned out real nice Dave, lovin that bubblegum pink. I saw that color , but the Wifeypoo has spoken ! She's got a thing for yellow.

DaveDrums likes this.
  2. nitro

nitro Squier-Meister

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Ah yes, making progress. Not really fond of this paint or this color, but, my wifey picked it out IMG_0509.JPG IMG_0513.JPG IMG_0511.JPG IMG_0514.JPG

If you look close you might notice the pearlescent clear that's over the paint. Just a couple of layers for an effect. Not the top coat yet.

3. DaveDrums

DaveDrums Squier-Meister

Feb 2, 2017
    MA, USA
    Looks great! I learned the hard way patience and a very light touch is the way to paint. Nice job!

4. nitro

nitro Squier-Meister

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
  5. nitro

nitro Squier-Meister

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Ok, 3 more light color coats and 3 pearlescent clear coats and stage two is complete! Finally.

Alright, I'd like to get some opinions on this as I'm not to partial to any one of these pickgaurds. I like them all and thanks to a good friend I have these three choices. So here she is , (chewy II),
    IMG_0515.JPG IMG_0517.JPG IMG_0518.JPG IMG_0520.JPG IMG_0523.JPG

6. nitro

nitro Squier-Meister

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    And one more tort,
    IMG_0522.JPG

So , let's here it boys. Which one do you like the best?

7. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-Nut

I'd go with the tort and a 3-saddle if you have one.

The speed knobs are a hard no for me Wayne...

nitro likes this.
  8. jjudas

jjudas Squier-Nut

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    I like the pearl first, black 2nd. Guitar looks great!

nitro likes this.
  9. nitro

nitro Squier-Meister

Mar 16, 2017
    ocala fl
    Thanks guys, SD The knobs aren't correct I know, but they were on it when I got it, and as such would be the only thing original from what it was when I got it.

Keep in mind , all the pg's are new. Still have plastic on them. And as mentioned, it's not been clear coated or polished. I like all three pg's. In person I'm diggin the tort the most. Just curious what everyone else thought. And I am gonna replace the knobs . I don't have the brass saddles. But I agree they would look good

SoundDesign likes this.