NRD- Does anybody still have vinyl?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by ToneChaser77, Dec 18, 2019.

1. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Squier-holic

Jan 29, 2017
    ABQ
    I'm down to about 3 crates, mostly punk and Herb Alpert and the Tijuana brass.

Uncle Joe and Angry Possum like this.
  2. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    This makes me think that I'd like to hear Me First and the Gimme Gimmes do "This Guy's in Love With You".

AngelDeVille and mofojar like this.
  3. I've keep all my lp's over the years & recently I've been expanding my collection with new and quality used pressings. I've started logging my collection on discogs.
    Cheers, Barrie.

Uncle Joe likes this.
  4. Eddd

Eddd Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    My dad owned a record/ pet store back in the 50’s,then he became a pressing plant manager/ quality control.Then after that he was a record salesman going to radio stations and record stores.So now I still buy and listen to vinyl,I guess you could say vinyl is in my blood.

Uncle Joe and radiotech like this.
  5. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vinyl is in my blood too! My Dad currently has a radio show at 8 PDT on Fridays called "Mart's Vinyl Vault" where he plays his collection of vinyl records, scratches and pops included. He's got a wide variety of records all the way up to when vinyl stopped being produced, and some of those were originally collected by my grandmother in the late 40's and 50's. It's on Peace FM if anyone is curious to check it out.

Every week he makes a blog post about the show with pictures of the album covers.

https://martsvinylvault.blogspot.com/

Eddd and Uncle Joe like this.
  6. ZENITH59

ZENITH59 Squier-Meister

Jul 11, 2021
    UK
  7. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Squier-Meister

Aug 18, 2020
    Rhode Island
    Hundreds. Newly refurbished Dual 1245.

Nothing like slapping on a LP and focusing on just the music.

(and I love my iPhone 12Pro)

fendereedo and Eddd like this.
  8. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    I think I can say that my second love was vinyl. My first love was likely the Mets. I was born in 1962 in Brooklyn, about ten miles down the Interborough which is now Jackie Robinson Parkway, in the far shadow of Shea Stadium. My earliest memories of love, outside of my large extended family, friends and neighbors who surrounded me, are of the Mets. I can honestly say that I met, and still have some autographs, from the Miracle Mets of 1969. If I am a first generation anything, it's a Met fan, the son of a huge Giants fan (was stationed with Willie Mays (and Forrest Mars, the candy guy) in the Army and was there for Willie's catch and throw) who lived in Washington Heights and walked to the Polo Grounds and a huge Dodgers fan who saw some of the most famous World Series games of all time when she was young. Anyway, the Mets should've won in 1973 if the great Rusty Staub didn't get injured being the greatest ball player not in the hall of fame. I digress.

Then it was vinyl.

I was lucky and I spent a number of early years enjoying it before I evolved into media sales and then manufacturing. I still have the records here to remind me of my youth.

D.J. Joe.jpg scan0028.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021 at 1:06 PM
  9. fendereedo

fendereedo Squier-Meister

Aug 12, 2015
    Just off the A12
    Like an idiot I sold all my vinyl when CDs came along. Over the past 10 years I've been replacing the ones I like best with vinyl. I still like CDs and I love walking my dogs with my wireless bluetooth headphones on, with downloads on my phone. I listen constantly to music, which is my greatest passion I suppose.

Uncle Joe and Angry Possum like this.
  10. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    I still have some of my original Metallica, Kiss, Boston, Maiden, Triumph, Rush, Judas Priest, Nugent, and Sabbath Albums. Some are in Pristine cond.

20200523_214125.jpg

Uncle Joe and mofojar like this.