No more front plates in Ohio

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Papa Joe, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
  2. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    It's the same in Alberta where I live. License plates only on the back. People buy vanity ones for the unused spot on the front.

3. I can see why law enforcement doesn't like it. It must be routed in cost saving measures. Issue one instead of two, equals an instant half price manufacturing cost.
    Prisoners will get laid off. :D
    There are no plans here to change the existing two plate policy (yet). Cheers, Barrie.

4. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Squier-Nut

Jan 29, 2017
    ABQ
    no more buying 2 of the same car and only having to register one.

corn likes this.
  5. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    I've had cars in one-plate states and two-plate states. I can't tell the difference when I'm driving.

vlxerdon and Viking like this.
  6. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    One would think the new fuel tax increases might cover that.

7. strummer101

strummer101 Squier-Meister

Jun 13, 2019
    ohio
    Down here in Clermont county that is old news, one of the few things Dewine has signed that makes sense.
    Seriously when I read the title of this post, I thought you were talking about false teeth. :D

8. TheQuietOne

TheQuietOne Squier Talker

Aug 11, 2019
    oshkosh, wi
    Michigan hasn't required front plates in probably over thirty years. Here in Wisconsin they require two but some of the plates are so old the plastic covering is coming off and you can't even read them. Then there are the license plate frames that cover so much of the plate you can't tell what state it's from. Considering that, there probably isn't much difference between one and two.

9. John L Rose

John L Rose Squier-holic

Here (in New Brunswick) you keep the same plates pretty much for the life of the car, and only get new stickers every year.

They just switched to single/rear plates this year. Now I ahve to think about what I might mount onto the holes that are already in my front bumpers.
    Googly eyes?
    A polka-dot bow tie?
    Moose antlers?

10. bluesdude5

bluesdude5 Squier Talker

Jan 24, 2020
    Cincinnati, OH
    Never understood why a bank robber would be FOLLOWING a cop anyways......... :D

Elcheapo likes this.
  11. Elcheapo

Elcheapo Squier Talker

Jul 5, 2020
    Uk
    Zero chance of that here in UK. The whole police system is reliant on fines from motorists going 1 mph over the speed limit and they need the plates on the front for their in car speed detectors.:D:D:D:D
    They'll stand by and watch the war cenataf get torched and vandalised but woe betide you if you dare go 31 in a 30.

vlxerdon likes this.
  12. We've had the same plate design since Expo '86. When a car is registered in your name as a new owner, a new plate is issued. New tabs (stickers as you call 'em) are issued with your annual insurance renewal. In some states, plates are issued to a vehicle and stay with that vehicle regardless of who owns it, or no matter how old the vehicle is. At least that's the way it was, but laws may have changed.
    Cheers, Barrie.

13. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Nut

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Hm, I've always agreed with EU's policy on plates both in the front and back of the cars. It's mostly a safety feature for people around, in the case of an hit and run, a pedestrian being ran over or something, it gives a greater chance of someone seeing and memorizing the plate.