NGD - Wasn't planned

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by fadetoz, Mar 21, 2021.

1. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Happy New Guitar Day! I've seen a couple Ibanez in that color come up lately and they're hard to pass at regular prices, at that price you HAD to buy it.

mb doug, Angry Possum and fadetoz like this.
  2. LonePhantom

LonePhantom Squier-Meister

Jul 17, 2019
    Canberra, Australia
    Well the Special will likely serve you better than the LO-TRS II, as long as you pull the stock anchors and studs, and replace them with better ones. Plus, the special will give you options to upgrade crucial points like the sustain block.

mb doug, Angry Possum and fadetoz like this.
  3. fadetoz

fadetoz Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Makes me realize I have not been playing with a Floyd for awhile. Got the Socal but have been doing stuff that doesn't nee4d a shredder. More acoustic the last few months.
    Was fun to play an Ibanez again. That's all I played back in the day, My Yamaha RGX then Jackson Dinky and then JS1000 and Ibanez S series and Universe.
    Not my best playing but it was fun :)
    This was through my Fender Blues Deluxe. Just because my pedalboard is all setup in the effects loop and I'm lazy.

4. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    Yep, you already know what I’m going to say ,,,,

Shredalicious

mb doug, fadetoz and Angry Possum like this.
  5. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    I like it, did it come with the case also ?

mb doug, fadetoz and Angry Possum like this.
  6. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Score Mark, and HNGD. No brainer for $50. Is that an SA Series Korean? Nice playing there.
    Love my Ibanez's. I'm a Big Ibby Fan.

mb doug and fadetoz like this.
  7. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Free case , even had a Hard Rock Cafe Gibson pick set in the pocket.

I haven’t dated it yet but it is a RG320.

mb doug and AllroyPA like this.
  8. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    So after spending some time with it I did realize that tremolo's knife edge was not in great shape. kept going either sharp or flat depending on what way I pulled the bar and let go. IDK maybe it can be saved with a little work. But I had a new FR in the box in my shop and it fit in there fine and is stable. I was thinking some Dimarzios would be great but the stock pups are not too bad. I'm just wanting to relive 1986-2001 or so I guess.... Having some fun with it anyway. was testing out the stability after adjusting it and used th eiPone to record a bit of me messing around with it. Pretty sloppy out of time playing...

Exhead, surf green, Kinnon09 and 2 others like this.
  9. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    Sweet! Happy dive bombing!

surf green and fadetoz like this.
  10. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Since I'm having allot of fun playing this guitar I went ahead and ordered some other parts for it. I haven't really played on a shredder like this other than a few times in the last 20yrs.
    A few times after the Yamaha was fixed then I got the Socal but I had been doing allot of acoustic stuff so it hadn't been played allot yet. Then I get this Ibanez and 1998 returned and I got sucked in...
    This is why I'm carful to not let guitars go just because I'm on a Strat or LP kick.. I know the cycle will continue. Always does.....

surfrodguitar and mkgearhead like this.
  11. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Well this $50 Ibanez is going to cost me some more $ I guess... I've been enjoying it so much I decided to do some mods to it. I also ordered a new Ibanez Low Pro Edge.

IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1185.JPG IMG_1188.JPG IMG_1191.JPG
    2021-04-03 18_11_11-Window.png

Kinnon09 and Exhead like this.
  12. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Got the pickups installed.
    8C4CA1C6-E1EB-4F41-9FEE-CCA35CE57C55.jpeg 9DAB3879-E851-4A37-A878-A029460B6D89.jpeg

Fredline likes this.
  13. Fredline

Fredline Squier-Nut

Dec 14, 2020
    Seattle, WA
    Cool, very nice!
    Always wanted an Ibanez, especially a Destroyer. But for the right price I would jump on a super strat style too.

fadetoz likes this.
  14. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Worked on it a bit last night. The pick guard is going to have to be custom made. Ordered a blank sheet for that project.
    57FD9DAE-870F-41E3-AF7A-232B0DD1B688.jpeg 86E010BE-E710-4C47-B485-8D150A2377CE.jpeg E93256DB-B7DE-4ADF-B657-0E0B7D768667.jpeg

surf green and Best1989 like this.
  15. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Well I picked up a RG350 PG and it didn't fit rite so I ordered a blank to make one from scratch. I'll be able to trace it with the RG350 one then I'll have to cut out the pickup holes in the correct spot etc.. Was hoping the RG350 one would fit but just a little off on the pickup placement. Bummer....

surf green and Amelia like this.
  16. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    Wow that is really killer and I love the mood lighting in your studio! I recently did the same thing in my living room/home office/jam space/recording studio/gaming station. I set up a number of inexpensive LED strips I got from Walmart so it can do every colour, but I prefer the deep blue LEDs like you have going on.

fadetoz likes this.
  17. LonePhantom

LonePhantom Squier-Meister

Jul 17, 2019
    Canberra, Australia
    Good stuff. I dropped an Original Edge into my 1995 RG470, and I was lucky enough to somehow score a Japanese made neck on mine, so the guitar is ridiculous now. Only downside now is that I played it so much there's barely any fret metal now. It's well overdue for replacements.

fadetoz likes this.
  18. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Nice... I had forgotten how nice it is to play an Ibanez. I switched to a Strat around 2000... I got my new Edge today. It shipped from Germany. I found I could get a new one from Thoman. So it will be installed in the next couple days. Same as what I had in my JS1000 accept I had a cosmo in that and the new one is Chrome. I really like the push in bar on them. The screw in ones are always getting loose and you have to mess with them. Not the worst problem.

I got the blank PG material today as well. So that project will be a little work but it will be sick when I'm done. My buddy has a PIA body but it needs paint and honestly if I went there i'd prefer the JEM body with the monkey grip.
    I always wanted one of those purple RG470 guitars but never got my hands on one.

2021-04-08 22_14_46-Window.png

19. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Made some more progress. Installed the tremolo and truss cover. Ran out of time so I’ll be finishing it today.

EA6445C1-7A6C-41F1-8E6A-A2F31163EE2A.jpeg B4EB1C5B-9ACC-45C5-8774-A82009CB5C9A.jpeg 0739EB92-7EFE-4ECB-8623-36DE86E1F24B.jpeg 2FBAA5F6-A5F4-4B0F-8B18-5E3F3FF61CE3.jpeg

20. the_dude

the_dude Squier Talker

Feb 17, 2021
    Japan