NGD Kramer Beretta

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by cool gouhl, Nov 30, 2021.

1. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Well actually I got it a week ago but just got to doing anything with it. I've been wanting one since they came out based solely on looks. I remember a few members getting them and saying they good guitars. I had been watching one for sale and watching the price go down till I couldn't help myself, so $100 later here we are. Mines an older model so it has the rosewood fret instead of the newer ones that have a lighter wood I can't remember the name of, and it a nice dark rosewood. I like the black headstock instead of the body color matching ones. And honestly I was blown away by the quality of the guitar it's self, if the hardware was better and I didn't know how much they were it feels like a guitar three times it's price. The frets are perfect, and the neck finish has feel between satin and gloss that I can't figure out exactly but I love it. And the offset neck plate that allows more of a rounded edge in the lower cutout is a nice touch too. I'm already trying to decide if I should drop in a Floyd rose. I found a 6 screw Floyd rose if anyone knows where I can find one please let me know, I'll add a pic of the trem up too IMG_20211130_014234.jpg IMG_20211130_014328.jpg w7hoyhhigupd2fzmfsxh.jpg

2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
  3. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Squier-Nut

Mar 9, 2020
    Greybull, WY
    Congrats and HNGD. Good looking guitar, enjoy!

4. longtortoise

longtortoise Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2018
    CA
    These are really cool. I want the purple one! Enjoy.

5. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    Man these seem like a lot of fun. Congrats!

6. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
  7. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-holic

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    That piece of hardware will probably fetch some high prices despite not appearing to work too great (at least on paper) for collectible reasons. The string breakage at the nut will be a major cause of tuning issues and there's no proper way around that (besides converting it to a two-point FR and installing a locking nut, which would cost some pretty penny).

In such guitar, I'd keep that one with the bridge decked/blocked and enjoy it for what it is, and then have a designated guitar featuring the proper hardware for floating trem action. You'll do better with your investment rather than throwing money out the window.

8. Exhead

Exhead Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2015
    Nevada
  9. Year Zero

Year Zero Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Kinda reminds me of the Robin Raider I had I the 80's'.

10. TheVoid

TheVoid Squier-Meister

Jul 25, 2020
    Nebraska
    Do it 20210819_003012.jpg

11. Mojotone

Mojotone Squier-Meister

Jun 5, 2021
    Chateauguay, QC
    Very very nice HNGD :)

dbrian66, Angry Possum and Robb like this.
  12. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    Yeah. :cool:

Do-It.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6011.jpg

dbrian66, Angry Possum, Robb and 2 others like this.
  13. TheVoid

TheVoid Squier-Meister

Jul 25, 2020
    Nebraska
    Yep, I do like these Beretta Specials 20211008_173110.jpg

14. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
  15. Angry Possum

Angry Possum Obsessed With Music & Guitars Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    HNGD I modded mine a little bit
    20210511_142247.jpg 20210526_110044.jpg 20210526_124846.jpg 20210526_160000.jpg

16. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    dbrian66 and Angry Possum like this.
  17. Angry Possum

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Thanks brother

dbrian66 likes this.
  18. Angry Possum

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Some things here:
    1. Are you switching out the original bridge as shown in your photo? Nvrmnd I see what u just posted, my bad.
    2. Are you clipping the tone capacitor on the pot? It's a mod that's recommended, in which I had done right away when I bought mine.. I just clipped off 1 leg off of the cap.
    3a. That stock HB pickup is really hot and sounds freaking amazing. A true metal machine.

cool gouhl and dbrian66 like this.
  19. Angry Possum

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY

kramer w floyd.jpg

This mod would require some routing for the Floyd Rose - a link is enclosed below. A good friend of mine has the Floyd Template and a Router. He's an amazing luthier and an awesome (Van Halen Impersonator in Tony Gunn ) you be the judge. eventually I may consider this mod.

PS On the video enclosed my friend (The Luthier) is playing guitar and im doing the singing, ***Nicky Capozzi from White Lion is on drums, Enjoy.

https://kramerforumz.com/viewtopic.php?t=3595&start=30

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    cool gouhl likes this.
  20. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    I intend to cut the tone cap eventually but no hurry, I only use my vol all the way up or off anyway. I'm going to throw a Floyd on it decked, I like the fine tuners but I never use the trem. I just think it needs it to complete the look, a Corvette just wouldn't look right with cheap hub caps. I have a few Floyd's in my parts bin anyway. Since I'm not really using the trem I'll just put the locking nut behind the nut, more like a string guide. Only thing holding me up from modding it now is my printer is dead and I need a paper template for the 6 screw to 2 point conversion. Too lazy to do that much math and measuring.