NGD. I need some professional help. A First Act

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Angry Possum, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychopathic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    What pickups did u put in it.

mb doug and dbrian66 like this.
  2. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Mine has a Jackson J90 in the bridge and a Eastwood Valco airline VVDC in the neck. Then some nice 500k pots.

mb doug, dbrian66 and Angry Possum like this.
  3. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    You guys are paying too much for used ones! I bought that exact guitar new from Walmart for $100 in 2004, when I was out of work and had sold everything I had, and couldn't afford anything else. It played and sounded great. I liked that it had a Strat neck pickup. I later sold it, 'cause I had gotten better guitars by then, but I kinda wish I'd kept it.

4. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I got mine from a friend. Every time I would visit I would grab the First Act even though there were other guitars that are worth $500 or more. I just liked how it felt and played and sounded.
    A week after I got it from him I stopped over and he opened up a box that was just shipped to him and what do I see. Another one just like mine. He proceeded to put a set of humbuckers in it and made it just like mine other than the neck pickup model. He liked it so much he got another one. I would pay $125 for mine without feeling I paid too much.

5. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I really like that model. Congrats. I think you will like it.

I have one First Act guitar that I bought on SGW. It’s different that yours, weird body shape and has only one humbucker pickup. I only paid about $30 shipped. After some set up and mods, it’s one of my favorites!

6. Angry Possum

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    I'm wondering if I could use a Tele neck on this if I don't care for the feel etc.

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. Michael7

Michael7 Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Yes, the Squier neck will fit the FA pocket. Here is one of my FA necks.

IMG_20201004_120913401.jpg

dbrian66 and fadetoz like this.
  8. Michael7

Michael7 Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Here's another answer to your question. FA Overtone with Squier neck. Looks like it is a factory product, and the 6-on-a-side tuners looks so right. Not mine, it was on Ebay for a lot of money. I'll build one of these, probably SSH, now that I have a nice Overtone body to work with.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    BlueSquirrel, Angry Possum and drewcp like this.
  9. Angry Possum

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    If the stock pickups sound good I may leave them intact, if not,, I suppose I will do a humbucker in the bridge, probably a Seymour Duncan or a Dimarzio. I have both on hand. I may need to route the bridge cavity, I won't know till I open it up.

BlueSquirrel and dbrian66 like this.
  10. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Squier-Meister

Jan 28, 2020
    Shreveport, LA
    I was in Ft Collins about this time last year, driving up to Cody, WY. Well, more like August I guess. Quite a bit different from where I am in Louisiana. Especially the weed shops. Those places were PACKED! People Everywhere. People were all inside. All over the parking lot. It was crazy! I noticed a lot of people riding bikes and stuff there in general.

And weed is perfectly legal. Still, I felt the need to hide it as I walked to the car with it that was weird, to say the least.

Angry Possum likes this.
  11. madmtnmotors

madmtnmotors Squier Talker Silver Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Sunny Central Florida
  12. Angry Possum

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
  13. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-holic

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    Funny. My first errand today was to a "shop". Due to covid regs one person is allowed in at a time. While waiting in my truck for my turn I saw your post so I snapped a couple of shots. :cool:

004.JPG 005.JPG

Angry Possum likes this.
  14. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Angry Possum likes this.
  15. Angry Possum

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    It came today, this guitar is really nice. The Neck is a little wider than I usually like, but I can get used to it I'm sure. It resonates nice unplugged. Tuners are decent. Neck is straight could use a shim or saddle adjustment to bring action to wear I like it. Other than that, this is a cream puff. I'm impressed with First Act guitars, big thanks to @jamesgpobog for enlightening me. This is as good as a Squier in my opinion. This first act guitar is an ME302.
    I'm happy with it. If I can't bring the action down to wear I feel comfortable, I may put a Squier neck on it.
    20201020_160556.jpg

16. jamesgpobog

jamesgpobog Squier-holic

Feb 18, 2020
    SoCal
    That's a beauty.

Offer $65. That's just character.

BlueSquirrel, Angry Possum and drewcp like this.
  17. jamesgpobog

jamesgpobog Squier-holic

Feb 18, 2020
    SoCal
    By my comparison, F/A pups and routs are non-standard. Not by much, but minor surgery is needed.

Angry Possum likes this.
  18. Angry Possum

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    The frets can use a polish. It most likely came this way from factory, with regards to the gritty frets.

BlueSquirrel likes this.