NGD: CV70 Thinline - what to consider upgrading?

PsychicMonkey

Squier Talker
May 20, 2022
Melbourne, Australia
Hi there,

I have unfortunately succumbed to GAS after only just finding out that Fender reintroduced CuNiFe WRHBs, and purchased a Tele Thinline in natural finish to pop them in. Aside from upgrading the electronics with better and more appropriate pots, is there anything else on the thinline that I should consider upgrading? Maybe the saddles, or whole bridge?

NGD.jpg

Thanks in advance

hrstrat57

Squier-Nut
Aug 18, 2020
Rhode Island
New pups and electronics that should be a lovely monster! Congrats.

I believe multiple sources exist to upgrade the existing pickups Brandonwound for example. Excellent WRHB are avail for less money too. Search TDPRI and the WWW. Novak, Catswhiskers, creamery are just a few…

Have hun! Nice guitar!

PsychicMonkey

Squier Talker
May 20, 2022
Melbourne, Australia
New pups and electronics that should be a lovely monster! Congrats.

I believe multiple sources exist to upgrade the existing pickups Brandonwound for example. Excellent WRHB are avail for less money too. Search TDPRI and the WWW. Novak, Catswhiskers, creamery are just a few…

Have hun! Nice guitar!
I've already grabbed the CuNiFe reissues, since I had a local store with them in stock. Do you think that Highwood saddles might be a good investment maybe?

hrstrat57

Squier-Nut
Aug 18, 2020
Rhode Island
I've already grabbed the CuNiFe reissues, since I had a local store with them in stock. Do you think that Highwood saddles might be a good investment maybe?
Any time I tear a telecaster apart I upgrade the Jack to electrosocket. I doubt there’ll be any issues with the Squier hardware otherwise. Love to hear your impressions of those pickups once you upgrade all the electronics and solder it all together!! IIRC there’s a great YouTube tutorial on wiring up a 72 Thinline…

Last edited:

jjudas

Squier-holic
Mar 23, 2016
Metro New Orleans
Hi there,

I have unfortunately succumbed to GAS after only just finding out that Fender reintroduced CuNiFe WRHBs, and purchased a Tele Thinline in natural finish to pop them in. Aside from upgrading the electronics with better and more appropriate pots, is there anything else on the thinline that I should consider upgrading? Maybe the saddles, or whole bridge?

View attachment 233957

Thanks in advance
My CV thinline turned into a costly partscaster. I installed new Fender CuNiFe WRHBs, new electronics, new Fender saddles, new Fender neck with new bone nut and Gotoh tuners that I already had in my parts bin.
20211205_150636.jpg

PsychicMonkey

Squier Talker
May 20, 2022
Melbourne, Australia

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
Those Highwoods look nice! Gotoh is a Steel Block Saddle vs Zinc Alloy. Back Plate is Chrome Plated Brass. I like the look of Bent Steel and Highwood's have a String Groove vs Fender Stamped ones. Go for it!:cool:

Latest posts