NGD! 1st Jazzmaster.

Discussion in 'Squier Offset Guitars' started by GeorgeA, Jan 7, 2021.

1. GeorgeA

GeorgeA Squier-Meister

Jan 16, 2018
    Thunderbolt GA
    I've had this for a couple weeks and I really, really love this guitar. Never played a Jazzmaster before I ordered this one .
    I had always wanted a shell pink guitar but never bought one, so I was looking on MF. I saw a shell pink Strat but I already have 2 Strats and it seemed like alot of money just to get a pink one. I saw the Paranormal Cyclone but it seemed to have alot in common with a Strat.
    Then I saw this Jazzmaster and pulled the trigger. Plays fine out of the box. I can't find anything wrong with it and I checked .
    Been playing alot of Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, and Def Leppard which I know isn't what these are known for but it does it really well especially with distortion on the rhythm circuit. Really kinda nails it. And I get a real kick out of switching between the circuits! What a great idea!
    I'd read alot of concerns about the bridge but this one works just fine. I'll likely leave it totally stock until something needs to be replaced.
    Again I love it! 1230201659_HDR.jpg

Eddd, driver8, Shaytan and 18 others like this.
  2. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

What is NOT to Love ? She's a Beauty ! A Hearty Congrats ! ! !

speelyei and GeorgeA like this.
  3. speelyei

speelyei Squier-Meister

Sep 22, 2020
    Mesa, AZ
  4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
  5. SoCalJim

SoCalJim Squier-Meister

Nov 12, 2020
    SoCal
    Congrats, GeorgeA. Shell pink is a great color!

Kenneth Mountain and GeorgeA like this.
  6. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-Meister

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    Great color. Offsets are always cool, and Jazzmasters are iconic for a reason. Glad you're playing some heavier stuff with it. It might not get you into full thrash metal territory, but there have been plenty o rockers over the decades who blast tons of riffage with Jazzmasters.

7. Fredline

Fredline Squier-Meister

Dec 14, 2020
    Seattle, WA
    Very nice! I especially love your musical choices... [​IMG]

8. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2020
    Greybull, WY
    Congrats on your new JM, looks great.

9. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Killeen, TX
    I have been tempted to get a jazzmaster several times but have never got one. Maybe someday I will finally try one. Congrats on your NGD.

10. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I love the rhythm circuit for leads. Would love to see a brighter picture that lets the color shine a bit more.

11. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Very cool. Congrats. :)

12. GeorgeA

GeorgeA Squier-Meister

Jan 16, 2018
    Thunderbolt GA
    Brighter pic. I've since removed the plastic film and sticker 1230201659a.jpg

Kenneth Mountain, Eddd, Caddy and 7 others like this.
  13. GeorgeA

GeorgeA Squier-Meister

Jan 16, 2018
    Thunderbolt GA
    I never thought I'd get one. I have thought about a Jaguar and figured if I ever bought either it would be the Jaguar because of the shorter scale. In the end the color is what made me order this one. I'm really happy I did.
    May get a Jaguar some day. Love the sunburst finish on them. But for now I'm having too much fun with this one.

14. Shine

Shine Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2016
    Rings of Saturn
    Congrats!

Beautiful guitar, and I love how JMs are different than your garden variety Strats and Teles, yet very Fender-y in their own right.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Eddd, grizzlewulf and GeorgeA like this.
  15. haggardPhunk

haggardPhunk New Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Denver, CO
    Congrats!

I actually bought the same guitar at a music go round last week. I took some pedals in to see what kind of trade value I could get and spotted it on the wall. Perfect condition, $300 and I only paid $70 out of pocket after thee trades. Also my 1st jazzmaster and I also always wanted a shell pink guitar. It had to be mine.

It didnt have a trem bar so I need to order one. (anyone know which one will fit these classic vibe JM's?)

Overall opinions on the guitar:
    it sounds really nice. Far and away the best $300 guitar ive ever played.
    Tuning stability is better than I expected. the pots have no scratching at all and the setup is perfect.
    The fret ends are bad but thats to be expected at this price point and perhaps im just used to my nicer USA Fender Blackie and my LP standard.

I intend on upgrading to a bone nut and having the frets worked on. I am fine with the bridge, the pickups, and have no reason to consider a new wiring harness yet but at some point I will pry hot rod this thing at make it unsellable. I'll pry try 11's on it once I have the nut changed.

Anyways, congrats on your new axe. We're guitar twins!

Attached Files:

16. GeorgeA

GeorgeA Squier-Meister

Jan 16, 2018
    Thunderbolt GA
    Good deal! I got mine for 308.53 after MF discounted 15% and adding in some "points" I had .
    The fret ends on mine are fine. I could feel them a tiny bit but after a couple days in the house they're fine. They do feel a little rough on the tops, I'll probably polish them a little when I change the strings, if I think of it. Probably wouldn't even have noticed if I hadn't ever heard about that concern online . I like this guitar more every time I pick it up.

Kenneth Mountain, Eddd and Caddy like this.
  17. speelyei

speelyei Squier-Meister

Sep 22, 2020
    Mesa, AZ
  18. fluffy391

fluffy391 Squier-Meister

Oct 16, 2020
    Sydney
  19. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-holic

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    That looks is rad! Didn't knew that was an actual color combo, the few pink JMs with tort guards I've seen, I assumed had been customised. It's as if they designed this with Shoegazers in mind. ;)

Eddd, haggardPhunk and GeorgeA like this.