NGD! 1983-84 Squier Bullet

Discussion in 'Japanese Vintage Squiers' started by 73rhc, Dec 10, 2016.

1. squierbilly

squierbilly Squier-holic

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Make sure the ground and hot wires on the input jack have not been switched.. (check with a multi meter).. it can be difficult to tell which post is which with the necked eye because of the layering.. they get mixed up a lot..

P.S. try a different guitar cord.. may cause problems also..

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. txflood

txflood Squier-Meister

Dec 10, 2014
    North Carolina
    I have a stock MIJ E6 bullet and I would have to say it has the most hum of any of my guitars. The noise is going to vary depending on the environment you are in and the electrical wiring and devices that are around, but all things being equal my bullet is still more noisy than my other single coil guitars.

The middle pickup is not RWRP so there is no hum cancelation in positions 2 and 4. Like someone already noted on their guitar, I would say the noise is worse in those positions since now you have 2 pickups contributing 60 cycle hum.

3. Squi-Guy

Squi-Guy Squier Talker

Jan 3, 2017
    Toronto
    You're exactly right, it definitely gets louder in those positions... But, I've learned to deal with it. The feel of that neck just makes everything alright.

4. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    Don't deal with it. You can chase it down. A couple of times I've had the issue and it was the grounding wire that goes back to the Trem plate.

psp742 and 73rhc like this.
  5. 73rhc

73rhc Squier Talker

Dec 10, 2016
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Nice axe!!! Mine did not come with the case. But I already had one. So they will pair nicely.

psp742 likes this.
  6. 73rhc

73rhc Squier Talker

Dec 10, 2016
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Don't know if you've seen this article. I found it interesting.

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/eliminating_troublesom_hum_buzz_created_by_electric_guitars/

7. 73rhc

73rhc Squier Talker

Dec 10, 2016
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    I checked again. This time at a louder volume. I'm getting the same hum in all positions. Tried another cable and got the same result.

8. Squi-Guy

Squi-Guy Squier Talker

Jan 3, 2017
    Toronto
    It looks like what txflood says is accurate, the middle pickup is definitely not reverse wound reverse polarity.