New tuner knobs

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by fadetoz, Nov 5, 2020.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I picked up a new set of knobs for the Grover tuners on my Epi. I just like how these feel for tuning.
    Ordered a few other parts for this one. Will post them later when I get them in.
    PXL_20201105_222056205.MP.jpg PXL_20201105_222331738.MP.jpg PXL_20201105_234258653.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20201105_234239112.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

2. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Looks nice !

You dig that JetCity setup ?

mb doug, fadetoz and dbrian66 like this.
  3. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    They look good, what kind are they? It can be hard to find ones that aren't too white or green.

mb doug, fadetoz and dbrian66 like this.
  4. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Looks great . hard to beat the vintage cream look

mb doug and fadetoz like this.
  5. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Love the Jet City amp.

It's hard to tell how they will look when you see them in person but I think they look good. They don't look so yellow in person.

upload_2020-11-6_11-46-33.png

6. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Sometimes the LP just feels rite for some stuff.

mb doug, BlueSquirrel, glmino and 2 others like this.
  7. archetype

archetype Squier-holic

Where did you buy the buttons (knobs)?

Is that a Slash LP?

mb doug likes this.
  8. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    20201025_144058_HDR.jpg 20201025_144134_HDR.jpg Screenshot_20201025-144811.png The ones I bought had a green tint, but actually look pretty good on the guitar
    And their not plastic. I guess kinda like a Corian. Very hard stuff and have nice weight to them

9. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Sounds good brother. What software are you using, and or interface as well?

mb doug, BlueSquirrel and fadetoz like this.
  10. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I got them on eBay. I'm really not sure if it is or isn't a slash. The previous owner did a bunch of sanding on it and it was missing the truss cover. It does have coil splitting. All I know is it feels great to play.

I'm using the Jet City amp miced up with a pyle sm57 clone. Into a Behringer interface. The DAW is Reaper. Not a really high end setup but it works well.

mb doug and Angry Possum like this.
  11. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Well I got all the black plastics accept the jack plate. The one I ordered for Epi was tiny and didn't fit. But everything else is good. Back plastics fit but I didn't take a picture. The new pickups are probuckers.
    She plays and sounds great. PXL_20201201_222801537.jpg

12. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Got that guitar lookin pretty tight fade!!!!

Angry Possum, mb doug and fadetoz like this.
  13. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I just felt it being a Goldtop I should get some chrome covers and make it look good. Not worth allot but it plays and sounds great. It had a broken neck. My buddy fixed it. I picked it up before he fixed it and knew it just felt rite.

Funny that I wouldn't even pick up a LP a few yrs ago.

In 1998 I was in the studio and the guy that ran the studio pulled out a gold top LP that was worth thousands and I played it for a minute and the said it's cool. I think I offended him a little because it was probably a big deal but I didn't have any interest. I was polite but I played a Jackson dinky reverse with a Floyd and I was going for a Satriani style of music

Now I will grab the LP for recording stuff and feel it's the rite tool for the job allot of times.

Just like a tele or strat hooked into a tube amp a LP has a special unique sound that is so cool.

14. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2018
    France

Wow! What a great improvement imho!
    Given that the initial guitar was very nice to begin with, I wouldn't have thought it would have made such a big difference - but it does!

I love the black pickup rings / pickguard and the new black-and-gold knobs.
    Where did you get them?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Angry Possum and mb doug like this.
  15. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I picked them up off amazon. Like them allot too.

Angry Possum and mb doug like this.
  16. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    I could never bond with lp guitars either until a few years ago, and now I love some of them. Still can't do SG's though.

fadetoz likes this.
  17. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'm with you there. I played an SG a couple months ago. I can see how they would be killer with the easy access to the upper frets but they feel uncomfortable to me and I have never liked the shape at all.
    Like I have said before I just don't like some things for no good reason.

cool gouhl likes this.
  18. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    I know why I don't go for sg style guitars, thin body and neck dive. The thin body reminds me of the 60s Japanese guitars, the bad ones.

fadetoz likes this.
  19. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    So a quick update I didn't mention. The first set of knobs were from ebay and were awesome but one broke when I had to remove them so I ordered a set off Amazon. They look the same but are a little taller. I liked the first set a little better but they were only like 1/8 of an inch shorter. I had planned to leave the harness and pots in there thinking I could just plug in the pickups. Well it was hard wired and kind of a mess and I had all new pickups and a stock harness so I swapped it out.
    I know it's dicey removing the top hat knobs but I didn't know I was going to need to. So always wait until you are sure you are done working on it before the knobs go on.

20. Number 6

Number 6 Squier Talker

Nov 15, 2020
    Great White North
    Three of one & a quarter dozen of the other.