New to guitars, bought a Strat to learn on

Cough Syrup

Squier Talker
Aug 30, 2022
Northern California
Hi everyone-

I'm a bassist who is interested in learning guitar to aid my bass playing and songwriting. Does anyone have any suggestions for good online guitar lessons?

When I picked up a bass like 25 years ago, Squiers didn't have the greatest reputation. But I am so amazed at how good the new Squier basses are that I not only ordered a Classic Vibe 60's Precision bass but ordered a new Affinity HSS FMT Strat to learn on as well. If anyone has any experience with either of those I'd love to hear about it.

I do some flipping on the side, buying cheap or underpriced basses on eBay or Facebook and cleaning them up then re-selling them. I'd kind of like to start doing the same with guitars. I'm pretty confident in my assessment of basses and their market value, but what is a good resource other than Reverb for guitar prices?

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
FYI - 25 years ago, Squiers were running the NC models ... which are super, fantastic guitars.

The perception of it being a "beginner" guitar taints the image of a very good instrument.

Welcome to the world of Squier guitars. If you look past the logo, I'm sure you'll find something really special. :)

Loin Lover

Dr. Squier
Jul 26, 2018
Backwoods, USA
Welcome to ST. Let's see your guits.

There are several good online lessons. However, there is no substitute for a good in-person lesson. Keep in mind, good players do not necessarily equate to a good instructor.

Here is a link which took off like a rocket. It has tons of info and support. http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/who-wants-to-learn-to-play-guitar-with-me.161618/

I also am a fan of Justinguitar.com Justin starts with fundamentals and expects mastery, or close to it, prior to advancing. In other words, play clean. Enjoy.

Dpsixstringer

Squier-Meister
Jun 13, 2022
Reading pa
Hi everyone-

I'm a bassist who is interested in learning guitar to aid my bass playing and songwriting. Does anyone have any suggestions for good online guitar lessons?

When I picked up a bass like 25 years ago, Squiers didn't have the greatest reputation. But I am so amazed at how good the new Squier basses are that I not only ordered a Classic Vibe 60's Precision bass but ordered a new Affinity HSS FMT Strat to learn on as well. If anyone has any experience with either of those I'd love to hear about it.

I do some flipping on the side, buying cheap or underpriced basses on eBay or Facebook and cleaning them up then re-selling them. I'd kind of like to start doing the same with guitars. I'm pretty confident in my assessment of basses and their market value, but what is a good resource other than Reverb for guitar prices?
Hello
Hi everyone-

Hello from the other end of the country. I'm with Dpang on the satin necks, the glossy ones get too sticky. Whatever finishes they have, we want to ogle them. It is hard to do without pictures. 😪 Welcome to the best place for info on Squiers and guitars in general.