New Saddles Day - Hantug Ti Vintage style saddles

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by LonePhantom, Aug 11, 2020.

1. LonePhantom

LonePhantom Squier-Meister

Jul 17, 2019
    Canberra, Australia
    I've been gradually working over my Squier Deluxe Strat that I received for my 40th, almost 1 year ago to the day. The last thing I wanted to really focus on, after replacing the stock block with a KGC brass block was to get the stock block saddles out, and upgraded with something better.

I was planning on going with some vintage bent steel saddles, and ordered some cheap ones that I discovered were American vintage strat width, no good for the Squier baseplate. Had to give up on those, as the grub screws were too close to the edge to file down to size.

I saw on instagram that Hantug Custom Guitars were making vintage style strat saddles . Having used a bunch of their gear in the past, and found it to be amazing, I reached out to them to see if they could make some to fit the Deluxe. They offered to make some up for me, and after over a month of (I'm sure COVID-19 related) waiting on post they arrived.

I fitted them up, and damn do they look and sound good! I'll have a review on my blog when I have time to write properly. The biggest thing they did however was fix a nasty tuning issue that was apparent whenever I used the whammy bar. I thought it may have been an issue with the replacement bone nut I put in almost immediately after getting the strat, but the saddles solved the binding issue just like that.

I also noticed how much lighter the saddles were compared to stock as well, as soon as they were on the guitar. The level baseplate was now pitching towards the neck, thanks to the lighter weight.

Not much more really needs to be done to this guitar now. I am considering wiring up the bridge pickup to the tone knob, and maybe while doing that replace the stock pots and switch. But at the end of the day it's pretty much bang on from what I wanted from a vintage style strat.

[​IMG]

http://www.lonephantom.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/img_4323.jpg

[​IMG]

http://www.lonephantom.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/img_4330.jpg

[​IMG]

http://www.lonephantom.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/img_4331.jpg

2. mozilla

mozilla Squier-Meister

Jun 10, 2020
    Austin Texas
    They look nice. How was the price?

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  3. LonePhantom

Jul 17, 2019
    Canberra, Australia
    I'm not sure how much, as I'm lucky enough to have a relationship with Hantug Custom Guitars, having helped them develop some parts for Ibanez bridges. They provided them in exchange for a review on my blog. Ti products are not particularly cheap, as you may know. But Hantug offer some great prices in comparison to other manufacturers of Ti guitar parts. This, plus the quality and engineering effort, compared to some of the other players in the industry.

Kenneth Mountain and mozilla like this.
  4. mozilla

mozilla Squier-Meister

Jun 10, 2020
    Austin Texas
    I'm a little confused.
    So, they don't actually make the unit you have for the marketplace?
    If that is true....then why post a thread about them??
    We couldn't buy them if we wanted to.
    Unless I have misunderstood your comments???

5. LonePhantom

Jul 17, 2019
    Canberra, Australia
    They do sell products, and things can also be made to order. Their website currently has these available on a bridge only, but if you contact Hantug with a request they can generally make things as a spot run. I believe they only list stocked and made product on their site, but generally they can provide on a made on order basis.

6. mozilla

mozilla Squier-Meister

Jun 10, 2020
    Austin Texas
    Ok, thanks for clearing up my confusion. Much appreciated.

7. LonePhantom

Jul 17, 2019
    Canberra, Australia
  8. LonePhantom

Jul 17, 2019
    Canberra, Australia
    grizzlewulf and Kenneth Mountain like this.