new guitar?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by shutterbiker, Mar 21, 2010.

1. shutterbiker

shutterbiker Squier Talker

Jan 13, 2010
    Texas
    I got a MIM squier series strat for Christmas. I've upgraded most every part that can be upgraded. I was looking at a fender dobro guitar at my local shop and mentioned it to my wife. My wife is so great that she got me a gift certificate for 150 dollars at the shop. The dobro sold, but I noticed a squier tele (standard I think). I have always been a one electric at a time guy. I'm thinking of getting the telecaster. I think that a dobro would be fun, but I could always play slide on the tele, couldn't I? What do y'all think?

Thanks,

Steve

2. Phoenix59

Phoenix59 Squier-Nut

Jan 29, 2010
    South Dakota
    Go for it. I have a Squier Affinity Strat, and I am jonesing for a Tele, either buying a Squier or building a partscaster.

3. Stratatattat

Stratatattat Squier-holic

Feb 7, 2010
    US
    go dobro IMO! it's drastically different enuff from your strat.

4. YeahDoIt

YeahDoIt Squier-holic

Jan 14, 2010
    Florida, USA
    I figure if I pay $ 100 to $ 200 for a good used guitar then even if I sell it I probably won't lose much money. I play guitars for hours and hours, days and weeks and wake up with them on top of me sometimes. I could spend $ 50 in some bar so maybe guitars are saving money for me in the long run.

You might buy both dobro and Telecaster. I have a Telecaster, it sounds different from my Affinity HSS Strat. I play slide on all my guitars.

5. peskypesky

peskypesky -----------

Dec 19, 2009
    NYC
    go Dobro! that's probably my next purchase. they're just so cool.

6. grumpy old git

grumpy old git Squier-holic

Feb 13, 2010
    Somerset, UK
    +1 on the Dobro, it's on my list as well :cool:

7. shutterbiker

shutterbiker Squier Talker

Jan 13, 2010
    Texas
    Well, I guess the dobro will have to wait. I bought the squier standard tele today. It plays great and needs no upgrading-good tuners and pickups sound great. I've always wanted a tele, and I have a wonderful wife that made it happen for me. I'm really lucky.

Steve

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  8. mechanic1908

mechanic1908 Squier-Meister

Mar 18, 2010
    Ontario
    Nice looking guitar!
    Congrats.
    Eric

9. strat-a-basterd

strat-a-basterd Squier Talker

Mar 29, 2010
    Manitoba
    looks like one of the tele's the Edge uses!