New Grote model PSA

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by radiotech, Feb 11, 2021.

1. jefffam

jefffam Dr NC Gold Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    It is beautiful. Not a surprise, since virtually all the Jay Turser's were copies of something that predeceased them. Outside of a few Gretsch, or maybe a Rickenbacker, Gibson pretty much wrote the book on semi-hollows and hollow bodies.

With adding in the less frequent solid bodies via @squierTony, I still think it's a shame that Jay Turser is not producing the high quality semi-hollows and hollow bodies they once were. Great guitars, known quality maker and reasonably priced.

radiotech likes this.
  2. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    grizzlewulf likes this.
  3. jefffam

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=203273849708

radiotech likes this.
  4. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    A couple of updates, the matte finish with the P-90’s is now only available in red w/white binding (8 left).
    There’s a video review up by Jimmy Stewart (Who is almost as gabby/rambling as the original ;). His has a switch issue.

Pops has one too, he didn’t like the edges of the guard finishing, and he had to polish his frets (they felt scratchy). He gets some very nice tones out of it, but then has feedback issues (I think he’s too loud/close to the amp from the sound of it).

The above LP signature tributes are in stock now, but almost impossible to find in an Amazon search. Use the links in the above post to go directly there if you are interested.

5. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island

@jefffam I just saw one of these on CL this morning. Looks great. too bad I can't get out to buy it. Someone will I'm sure.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/d/baldwin-famous-cleopatra-orange-jazz/7281467586.html

Cleopatra.jpg

6. jefffam

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    Beautiful guitar. I always wanted a Cleopatra, and a Colonel. The Colonel was considerably more money. It's great for those that own one, (and I may remember incorrectly, it was many years ago) but to the best of my recollection it was hovering around the low to mid two hundreds when new. Even so, it's fairly rare to see a Chinese electric, much less a semi-hollow that has not lost 50% or more of it's value. Even if it was more expensive than I remember, that would be putting a 10-20 y,o, Chinese guitar still selling around what it cost new. I'd love to have one like that. I imagine many in the 'know' would feel the same.