New Glarry GIZ Model - real world pictures - NGD

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by drewcp, Jan 13, 2022.

1. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    20220113_123904.jpg

This is the packing material. Basically nothing. It wasn't even in the gig bag.

I have already sent a message to Glarry on Facebook in regards to what you are about to see in the following posts.

2. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Looks like a blob of solder?

20220113_123526.jpg
    20220113_123539.jpg

That's all for now

3. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I know @Ralph124C41 was a little curious about these. Not sure about anyone else.

I should have bought a Firefly, and I don't even like FF.

4. Cochise

Cochise Squier Talker

Sep 26, 2020
    Michigan
    That looks so bad. Poor qc and packaging leads to a terrible delivered product. Idk the price, but even 50 bucks would seem too steep for this level of quality.

yoga, dbrian66, Hadronic Spin and 2 others like this.
  5. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2016
    I was curious.
    Now I'm shocked.
    As Cochise said, this is not good. This is not a good start to selling a new product. But I'm certain that there will be some Youtube "experts" who will say how wonderful a guitar it is.

I hope you go ahead and post your thoughts on Youtube ... good, bad or indifferent.

grizzlewulf, yoga, dbrian66 and 3 others like this.
  6. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    When I ordered, I paid 170.99, which was after a discount.

Cochise, dbrian66 and Hadronic Spin like this.
  7. yoga

yoga Squier-Meister

Nov 7, 2021
    uk
    I have just bought a Harley Benton 35 , a 335 style guitar @£166.00 delivered . The guitar is flawless & was double boxed with plenty of bolster packaging inside .
    That looks like a real lack of QC & a lack of real customer focus all round , that should never have left the factory & is a B stock item at best .
    Hope you can get it sorted as i imagine you are disappointed & have a satisfactory outcome , Good luck.

Angry Possum, dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  8. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I'm in the US. Thomann product prices, when converted to Dollars are generally about the same number, so £166.00 is probably $170-ish but there is an additional $80 USD we pay for shipping.

Screenshot_20220113-141635_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    yoga, dbrian66 and Hadronic Spin like this.
  9. Hadronic Spin

Hadronic Spin It's Squier Time! Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Los Angeles
    QC...what QC?

Man, they could have at least put it the gig bag.

At least my GSTII came in a fitted foam insert, however, didn't help the neck though...

That blows.

Well, um, how does it sound? Just curious.

Isn't there VAT on top of that, too?

Jason

SoundDesign and dbrian66 like this.
  10. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    No VAT to orders shipped to the states in my experience. I'm not going to plug it in, or adjust the action/intonation until I hear back from Glarry.

Hadronic Spin and dbrian66 like this.
  11. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    That sucks man. But it seems like I am seeing this stuff more and more with these budget brand guitars. I don’t think I will ever buy another. I’ll just stick to the brands I know. I do wish the shipping on the HB’s was less. It seems like they have their stuff together. Not much bad is ever said about them.

yoga, Hadronic Spin and drewcp like this.
  12. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2016
    I used to be a member of the old Agile Guitar Forum when the HB fever hit. There were a few negative comments but they all seemingly were about shipping and handling, that is sometimes it took forever to get a guitar ... but that was mainly through holidays and some delays in Customs. Inevitably some of the items came damaged and the customer would have to deal with getting credit adjustment from Thomann. IIRC Thomann would ask for photos and/or videos to verify the damage and then either offer a price adjustment or if everything else failed tell the customer to return the guitar or amp or whatever.

I don't remember, however, any major complaint with the actual QC on a guitar, so that's good.

Yes the shipping fee is high but as I and others have pointed out, it's a flat rate fee that allows you to have up to 31 kg of items sent to you, I think if they can fit in one box. So I'm guessing you could buy three or maybe four guitars and have them sent all for that $80-$82 fee.

Me? I have one guitar I'd like but two - three others I also like but two of them are out of stock. And here's the rub: I can order all three but Thomann won't send them until all are in stock. So maybe the two I'm waiting on come into stock but the one in stock now goes out of stock. I imagine I would keep on waiting. Or I could request a split shipment ... but I would have to pay a fee for that and I'm guessing it would mean paying the same fee all over again. So I think it's best to order what's in stock.

13. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Yeah, I probably should have just saved a little more and grabbed a Harley Benton

dbrian66 likes this.
  14. Angry Possum

Angry Possum Obsessed With Music & Guitars Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Wow that really sucks. Get an Epiphone I always say. Better quality control. My Epi Dot 335 is an amazing guitar. Spend a little more, get a lot more.

shingh2002 and dbrian66 like this.
  15. Angry Possum

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  16. Angry Possum

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    shingh2002 and dbrian66 like this.
  17. drewcp