New body day. GFS Lido.

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Luvs2yoko, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    image.jpeg image.jpeg This is one of the new import spec bodies from Guitar fetish. Strat style finished in Atlantic Coral.Kinda a mix between salmon pink and cream sickle. It is made of poplar, light weight and 43mm thick. I have a wilkinson short block tremolo for it, but a fender mexi will fit as well.The finish is nice with no noticeable flaws. The neck is a maple mighty mite, fit perfect with no sanding needed.They also have a thin line tele in fiesta red that I'm thinking about.

drewcp, ruster1, jcmathews and 10 others like this.
  2. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic Double Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    Nice! Too bad I'll never do business with GFS, I need a new Strat body for my next project..

3. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    That looks great! I literally was just looking at those. Planning out a future HH Tele project in my head. Nice to hear a positive review!

4. Luvs2yoko

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I have bought a few dogs from their close out section, and had issues with their basic bodies. Their XGP stuff has been good for me so far. The only downside I can see is the finish is not as thick and tends to chip more easily.Shipping is still high too, so I try to wait and order when I need a few things.

5. fadetoz

fadetoz Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Last I checked they didn't have anything for sale yet just a placeholder saying it that was coming. Did they just start selling the Lido brand in the last couple weeks?
    I thought I checked like a week ago. Maybe 2.

That looks great BTW.. Nice job!!!

cool gouhl and dbrian66 like this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie My Squier is on Fire !!! Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Smokes. That's a beauty.

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. Birddog144

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    I tried to find the old thread I started about my experience with GFS and the [email protected] XGP body I bought, but I can't find it now. It was many, many years ago. In a nutshell, I bought a dud body and had to eat the shipping in both directions, and all I got from GFS was the middle finger.

I swore to never spend a penny there again and to cost them at least as much in future sales as I had to eat in shipping fees. My own personal Jihad...

Afrika61, dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  8. fadetoz

fadetoz Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I avoid GFS too but I will if I am wanting a body. If I'm getting a body then I will order parts from them. I will not order parts from them unless I'm getting a body or larger item.
    Many times I have filled up my cart with smaller parts and went to check out and looked at the shipping and changed my mind and went elsewhere.

dbrian66 likes this.
  9. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Nut

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    I've been lusting after some of those thinline and bound Lido bodies.

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    grizzlewulf, jcmathews and cool gouhl like this.
  10. Birddog144

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    dbrian66 likes this.
  11. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Very nice. I've done 4 builds with GFS bodies and only one I had a issue with and it was quickly fixed.
    My Tele is a GFS build...

IMG_0311.JPG

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  12. Luvs2yoko

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I
    I can respect that.

grizzlewulf, dbrian66 and Birddog144 like this.
  13. Luvs2yoko

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    image.png image.png
    I'm trying to choose between these two.

grizzlewulf, dbrian66, drewcp and 2 others like this.
  14. ruster1

ruster1 Squier Talker

Nov 24, 2020
    Valencia, PA
    Nice looking build.. glad you had some luck.. I have a Xaviere 870 Strat with F-spec parts.. and it is really good after adjusting the neck downward a bit to center the strings.. I also purchased a fiesta red LIDO body hard tail with which i want to put a 24.75 conversion neck and schaller 3D bridge.. just have to decide on PUPS.. from your experience.. other than the ferrule size on the back of my hardtail.. is there any difference in the "IMPORT vs F-SPEC"? The body is full thickness.. i am hoping the routes are not shallow.. I have heard the input jack route may not be the same?? Did you find any issues with that?.. and glad the mighty mite fit without issues.. no sanding or side shims required.. I usually use Stew-mac premade shims for neck angle on most of my bolt-ons for better action regardless.. amazing what 0.5 or 1.0mm shim will get you..

15. Luvs2yoko

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    I had no problem with the cavity depths. Dimarzio and GFS singles fit without bottoming out. Full sized pots, switch, and standard jack all fit fine.

ruster1 likes this.