New bass incoming

Bt23

Squier-Meister
Aug 24, 2021
Us
Pro audio star got me again! I could not pass up this 40 anniversary Jazz bass, vintage edition.$299! Thought I was done with bases, but if this one sticks, I will have to get rid of my candy, apple, red affinity, jazz bass. The 40th anniversary Ruby Red strat is built so well at I could not pass up trying a 40th anniversary jazz bass. It should be arriving Thursday.

Attachments

• IMG_6541.jpeg
    IMG_6541.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 8
Pro audio star got me again! I could not pass up this 40 anniversary Jazz bass, vintage edition.$299! Thought I was done with bases, but if this one sticks, I will have to get rid of my candy, apple, red affinity, jazz bass. The 40th anniversary Ruby Red strat is built so well at I could not pass up trying a 40th anniversary jazz bass. It should be arriving Thursday.
Congrats. I bought that same model a couple months ago and it's exceeded my expectations. (See my avatar on the left.) Unfortunately for me, I paid $150 more for mine, so you got a great deal! Just last week, I strung it up with a set of Ernie Ball Slinky Cobalt flatwounds, and it really sings. I did have to replace the tuners on mine as one was so rough I'm surprised it worked at all, and one other one was pretty scratchy feeling. I used a set of Grovers that I bought new from a friend at a righteous price. There might be some available that just drop in, but I didn't look because the price of the Grovers from my friend was so good. Maybe somebody on this forum could help with advice on direct drop-ins if you need them. The Grovers covered the old holes. I just filled those by tapping round toothpicks into them, cutting them flush, then hitting them with a drop or two of thin super glue.

Bt23

Squier-Meister
Aug 24, 2021
Us
It arrived today, great, right out of the box! They say the neck is amber, but it looks roasted, I don’t think it is it just looks that way. The matte finish is a new one for me, I like it! All frets are smooth and not gritty, the neck feels great. The vintage hardware is not overdone. It looks good on it.

Attachments

• IMG_6568.jpeg
    IMG_6568.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 6

Bt23

Squier-Meister
Aug 24, 2021
Us
It arrived today, great, right out of the box! They say the neck is amber, but it looks roasted, I don’t think it is it just looks that way. The matte finish is a new one for me, I like it! All frets are smooth and not gritty, the neck feels great. The vintage hardware is not overdone. It looks good on it.
Had more pictures of the hardware, but they say the pictures are too big, so I don’t know what to do to resize them, sorry