Near Catastrophe ... and why I love Fender Strats !!!

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Eddie, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Eddie

Eddie My Squier is on Fire !!!

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    My mancave is one of the the upstairs rooms. The walls begin to incline around 4 feet high. The room is a bit congested so I have to be careful.

I had a near fatal accident ... as the head of the guitar hit the incline wall very hard. I mean HARD !!! Luckily, I was using a Fender MIM Strat. Not even a scratch.

If I had been using a Les Paul, I know for certain, the headstock would have snapped off.

My heart is still racing. But not a scratch on the Fender. This is why I love Fender Strats ... and why I'm gonna play my Squiers in confined spaces.

I need to kick my daughters out of the other upstairs bedroom. I need the space as my jam space.

2. speelyei

speelyei Squier-Nut

Sep 22, 2020
    North America
    Let me know how that goes, and good luck.

brians, grizzlewulf, Paruwi and 8 others like this.
  3. miket1117

miket1117 Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Kansas City
    were you trying out some sisscor kicks? playing the guitar vertically? lol... yeah, i'll bet for a moment it was a deep in-the-pit-of-your-stomach feeling.

4. Welsh chris

Welsh chris Squier Talker

Apr 2, 2020
    Swansea Wales
    yeah best of luck with that one ,lol

5. Powerstroke

Powerstroke Squier-holic

Feb 18, 2021
    Usa
    This is why I don't trust Gibson epi pen . Ltd maybe with the big valute

6. Eddie

Eddie My Squier is on Fire !!!

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Yep, any angled headstock would have gone snap, crackle, pop. The wood paneling on the walls are hard. But not a scratch on the Strat.

Thank you Leo !!!

7. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-holic

Feb 14, 2019
    My guitar room / den has a ceiling fan in it. More than once I've had incidents between guitar necks and said ceiling fan. Trust me ... I know all too well those few seconds of terror you speak of :eek: o_O :confused:

8. Gip111

Gip111 Squier-Meister

Dec 10, 2014
    nj
    I use mine as a paddle for my canoe, sometimes I use it as a tennis racquet. Seriously, I definitely think an Epiphone or Gibson would have snapped, occasionally I see a few with "repaired" snapped headstocks in my area.

9. Ladeeh

Ladeeh Squier-Meister

Sep 10, 2021
    Balkans
    Strats friggin rule! I wrote about my accident yesterday too.

10. stratelespaul

stratelespaul Squier-Nut

Apr 25, 2012
    South Central Los Angeles
    In my many years of having Strats, I've found them to be built like tanks and can handle most any mishap and still be in tune.
    YMMV

11. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Leo Fender's designs were brilliant and "right" on so many levels it still seems impossible.

And frankly it is their utter simplicity -- melded with good (and yet still "simple") materials -- that seems to me to be key to it.

The solid, straight, one-piece maple neck is an example of that. Straight runs to the tuning keys. Little doo-dads (the so called "string trees") to care for the needed downward force.

And so many happy endings because of it. "Guitar battles wall and guitar wins."

Gibson never produced such a headline. :)

So happy for ya' Eddie!

-don

JurnyWannaBe and grizzlewulf like this.
  12. archetype

archetype Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Western NY, USA
    I'm famous for shoving headstocks into ceiling fans when I'm taking the guitar off.

JurnyWannaBe and Exhead like this.
  13. Exhead

Exhead Squier-Nut

Jul 15, 2015
    Nevada
    I too have a ceiling fan, low, that is normally going. I have to be very careful of it. Someday it will get something, just hoping it will not be too ugly....

JurnyWannaBe likes this.