NBTD

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by Viking, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Viking

Viking Squier-Meister ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Apr 10, 2010
    Winnipeg,Mb Canada
    New Bullet Telecaster Day.
    These go for CAD $250 in the stores here. Best buy was blowing them out for $170 online so I couldn't resist. With taxes $190 to my door. Unfortunately we only get to chose from black and sunburst for colour options. Sometimes the pieces used in the cheaper models don't match up very good so I chose black. The fret ends are a little prickly and need to be polished and the back of the neck is a little rough buts there's nothing that really puts me off about the guitar. With a little work to the frets, some new strings and a setup it should be a real fun guitar to play. I think for CAD $190 this will really scratch my tele itch.

DSC00396.JPG
    DSC00397.JPG

Eddd, otisblove, 13druber and 16 others like this.
  2. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I got two of them from MF and they both had that bit of rough finish on the back of the neck, but it doesn't bother me at all, as I don't feel it when playing. Watch out for the cheap switches, which tend to fail quite often. I've had 2 out of 3 of them fail on me. I guess they aren't made as well as the similar 5 way Strat switches, because I've never had one of them fail. The stock pickups can sound quite good, depending on your amp settings, but I replaced the pickups in both of mine with better pickups, and now they're as good as any Tele I've ever had.
    DSCN1123.JPG

3. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Just a kicked back frog... Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
  4. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
  5. Viking

Apr 10, 2010
    Winnipeg,Mb Canada
    I have a 4 way switch waiting to go into this and I'll give these pickups a try before changing them out for some alnicos I have sitting in a box.

mb doug, drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  6. Rick-T137

Rick-T137 Squier Talker

Oct 4, 2020
    Canada
    Happy NBTD! That is AWESOME! Am I'm not just saying that because I have one too...

[​IMG]

Actually... that's EXACTLY why I'm saying it! LOL! I actually modded mine with some humbuckers and a toggle switch to activate the coil splits (I need an updated photo of my guitar)....

[​IMG]

Cheers!

Rick

7. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

they are great guitars ! Congrats ! !

mb doug and Viking like this.
  8. Jeremy Crockett

Jeremy Crockett Squier Talker

Sep 9, 2020
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    I am a bass player but lately I have been GASing for a Tele something fierce. I desire that "twang" that ONLY a Tele can produce.
    Guitar Center has a Bullet for $150 USD. What are your impressions?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier...-Electric-Guitar-Red-Sparkle-1500000219365.gc

mb doug and drewcp like this.
  9. Viking

Apr 10, 2010
    Winnipeg,Mb Canada
    Oh thank you very much. It really is a fun guitar to play and the for the price it just blows me away.

mb doug, Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.
  10. Viking

Apr 10, 2010
    Winnipeg,Mb Canada
    For the price they're going for they really can't be beat. People who purchase a guitar in this price range have to understand that they are not perfect. The fret ends are a little prickly and could use a little dressing. The fret surfaces are a little rough and could use a little polishing, but the neck is playable as is but could be made better. The finish on the back of the neck is also a little rough but once I start playing I really don't even notice it. The frets are called narrow tall. Measured the frets on mine and they're pretty much the same size as the frets on my 2012 CV50 which are medium jumbos. I'm really not sure about the pickups yet as I still have the original strings on it but they'll probably sound better with new strings and a little better setup.
    I'm really happy with mine and with a little work it will be even more fun to play than it is now.
    If you get one I hope you enjoy it and if not you can always take it back.:)

mb doug and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  11. Jeremy Crockett

Jeremy Crockett Squier Talker

Sep 9, 2020
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Thank you, that helps.

Viking and mb doug like this.
  12. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Just a kicked back frog... Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Beautiful Tele...