NBD!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Chefbaze, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Chefbaze

Chefbaze Squier-Meister

Feb 22, 2018
    Brooklyn, New York
    So I drove out to see a luthier about an hour away out on Long Island about a repair on the finish of my new Gibson Junior (something reacted with the nitro-sweat/chemical?) , and a proper setup. Anyway, my older cousin lives out that way so I figured I’d go see him to say hello, and catch up. I told him I dropped a guitar off and was in the area, which brought up the subject of guitars. You see, he gave me a Strat that he wasn’t using, way back in 1981 when I was 11 years old. Long story short, about 3 weeks later he decided to start a band lol, and asked for the guitar back. That was the extent of my guitar playing until well into middle age. ( one always wonders what might have been had he not taken that guitar back) Anyway, we were kids, I got pissed that he took the Strat back and took up drums for a while instead. So tonight after a cigar and a few laughs about that, he went to the garage came back and said, “well it’s not the old Strat, it’s actually a far cry from it. I don’t have any guitars, as I don’t play anymore, but I have this cheap Bass I bought to screw around with that I don’t use. Please take it”. And so, we’ve come full circle 39 years later... albeit with a Sterling Musicman Stingray Bass.
    2CDD0D55-0487-4B52-AF6F-1FB26E9FE465.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  2. Big tuna

Big tuna Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Cool bass enjoy!

Kenneth Mountain and Chefbaze like this.
  3. strat_strummer

strat_strummer ^^ Doing what I do best^^ Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Sweet, have fun with it....

Kenneth Mountain and Chefbaze like this.
  4. Shine

Shine Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2016
    Rings of Saturn
  5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Great story ! Cool Bass ! Congrats !

6. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    That's awesome. My Sub Series MusicMan bass is my favorite "budget" bass in my collection.

RoyalWe and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  7. Chefbaze

Chefbaze Squier-Meister

Feb 22, 2018
    Brooklyn, New York
    That’s good to know thanks! I wasn’t in the market for a bass, but it’ll be fun to pick up from time to time, to learn something different.

drewcp likes this.
  8. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I have 4 basses.
    Squier VM Jazz
    Vintage Modified PJ
    Fender Blacktop Precision
    And a Sub Series, like yours, but Blue

The Fender is MIM, and retailed for like twice the price of the MusicMan, but in my opinion, it isn't double the Bass.