NAME THAT RIFF challenge - post a riff and we'll guess it!

grizzlewulf

Squier-holic
Dec 11, 2020
Lucerne, California

howserx

Squier-Nut
Apr 20, 2017
Toronto, Canada(not really)
Okay this one isn't Boston, but it's the same tone with a little less gain and EQ'ed differently.....

Takin' you back to 1985....when everybody and their mother in the top 40 was using a Rockman on studio guitars....

This band is named after a baseball field position.....

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-hi-fi%2Fyeee%23track_id%3D1270999063

The only song baseball related that I can think of is Centrefield.

(Later Edit) OK I found it but I cheated so I'm not going to say. I have no recollection of this song. In 85 I would have been 14 if it wasn't ACDC I wasn;'t listening. LOL

grizzlewulf

Squier-holic
Dec 11, 2020
Lucerne, California

howserx

Squier-Nut
Apr 20, 2017
Toronto, Canada(not really)
Is number 2 "Got My Mojo Working?"
Nope. Right era of blues men though. Some of these may be a bit too obscure, it just happened to be what was on my "Guitar" Playlist.
Some hints:
Number one is a pretty recent song 2014 (OK I thought it was more recent than that).
Number two. I don't want to give too much away I'm sure theres blues guys/gals who will get it, even with the flubbs. But this guy like to title some of his songs with Phonetic spellings an d lots of hypens. Also There's a cover of one of his songs on "Beano"
Number 3 & 4. Old Punk songs

What I loved about recording these is that you pick a song you can play well 9 times out of 10, that one that you didn't play well... that's the one you recorded.

Guitarmageddon

Squier-Axpert
Sep 27, 2014
Canada
the track name was a big hint too. lol I always thought he looked like Jean-Claude Van Damme. In My Mind there are no guitars in that song, funny how we remembers things

If you or anyone has clips that haven't been guessed, you can reveal what they are - that's what happens on the one on Strat-Talk anyway.....