NAME THAT RIFF challenge - post a riff and we'll guess it!

grizzlewulf

Squier-holic
Dec 11, 2020
Lucerne, California
I was once at a work conference and the question of the day was...If you had a theme song that played when you entered a room, what would it be? My answer was Funk 49 by the James Gang. Of course, I was the oldest person there and no one else knew what it was by title. Once I played it through me phone, it was voted the best theme song!

BTW: Can we contribute to "Name that Riff" with a Bass Guitar or is this for six strings only?
You need a lotta swagger to pull that off as your entrance music but I love it lol. My question is, what happened to Funks 1-48?

(PS I'm sure we're happy to try and name some basslines)

Guitarmageddon

Squier-Axpert
Sep 27, 2014
Canada
I was once at a work conference and the question of the day was...If you had a theme song that played when you entered a room, what would it be? My answer was Funk 49 by the James Gang. Of course, I was the oldest person there and no one else knew what it was by title. Once I played it through me phone, it was voted the best theme song!

BTW: Can we contribute to "Name that Riff" with a Bass Guitar or is this for six strings only?

Go for it!! bass riffs are good too, heck - any instrument!

Guitarmageddon

Squier-Axpert
Sep 27, 2014
Canada

grizzlewulf

Squier-holic
Dec 11, 2020
Lucerne, California
ok, since @Guitarmageddon 's taking all the good ones I figured I better send this lol. Again, going over board and getting more record/DAW practice.

Learned a few new things about this song that I wasn't 100% on before. Like where the heck is the 1?!

https://soundcloud.com/user-475895687%2Fname-that-tune-051622

Well done Panama! And yeah I imagine that's a pretty tough one to count in and start playing at the right spot.

That's not the only Van Halen song to kinda de-emphasize the 1 beat. Though it's not as technical as "Panama," there's also "Jump." Playing light on the 1 and heavy on the 2 is the whole thing that creates the "Jump" lol