NAME THAT RIFF challenge - post a riff and we'll guess it!

Caddy

Dr. Squier
Nov 29, 2010
Indiana
Man, this thread really makes me know I am old and out of touch. Went through the first three pages and found that I hadn’t even heard of the songs the riffs are from, I hadn’t even heard any of the songs and hadn’t ever listened to the bands. Many of the bands I hadn’t ever even heard of.

I guess that is due to the fact that I really have never liked distorted or OD guitar sounds. Once rock and roll became ‘rock’ (in the late 60’s) and used that I quit listening and went to country music and acoustic singer/songwriter stuff.

BlueSquirrel

Squier-holic
Dec 21, 2018
France
Man, this thread really makes me know I am old and out of touch. Went through the first three pages and found that I hadn’t even heard of the songs the riffs are from, I hadn’t even heard any of the songs and hadn’t ever listened to the bands. Many of the bands I hadn’t ever even heard of.

I guess that is due to the fact that I really have never liked distorted or OD guitar sounds. Once rock and roll became ‘rock’ (in the late 60’s) and used that I quit listening and went to country music and acoustic singer/songwriter stuff.

Well post some some early-than-60s rock or acoustic singer/songwriter or country stuff, then! 😉

grizzlewulf

Squier-holic
Dec 11, 2020
Lucerne, California

Another pretty easy one. But a fun riff to play. Sorry about the video quality, lighting is crap at my desk.

Randall E

Squier-Meister
Oct 3, 2021
Central California
I was once at a work conference and the question of the day was...If you had a theme song that played when you entered a room, what would it be? My answer was Funk 49 by the James Gang. Of course, I was the oldest person there and no one else knew what it was by title. Once I played it through me phone, it was voted the best theme song!

BTW: Can we contribute to "Name that Riff" with a Bass Guitar or is this for six strings only?

Latest posts