NAGD

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Robb, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    And NO it`s not a nag day. Just came home with an $80 find on local ad site.
    Original owner never learned to play now moving away he sell his junk (always lucky me)

So I go this RARE La Patrie dreadnaught from 1993 (not Godin) model is simply called "Natural"
    Execpt for the mahogany neck and bridge it's all Highly figured Cherry wood (front, back and sides)
    Made in Quebec's La Patrie village (same as Godin) Godin bought the company back in 1996.

Came with a capo, hard case, Yamaha YT-1200 tuner, 2 sets of strings (new from 1993 :D ) and
    Neil Young song book. Believe it or not.... it's was still in tune (sort of). Nothing to do except change the strings and a little polish, action and bridge are still perfect.

1993 La patrie 4.jpg 1993 La patrie 5.jpg 1993 La patrie 6.jpg 1993 La patrie 8.jpg 1993 La patrie 7.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Eddd, Bluzy, drewcp and 1 other person like this.
  2. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    A Few more pic's

1993 La patrie 9.jpg 1993 La patrie 10.jpg 1993 La patrie 12.jpg 1993 La patrie 14.jpg 1993 La patrie.jpg

It's damn hard to get right pictures of the flamed top finish but believe me it's there ... :D

corn, Eddd, Bluzy and 2 others like this.
  3. Kinnon09

Kinnon09 Squier-Nut Gold Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2021
    Scotland
    drewcp and Robb like this.
  4. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
  5. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Wow, nice score! I've never heard of cherry wood being used for guitars, and also didn't know it was that blonde in color. I guess I've only seen cherry furniture with reddish stain in the past.

Have you had acoustics before that weren't the usual mahogany or indian rosewood back and sides w a spruce top? Would the cherry be brighter perhaps or have a different "attack" similar to maple possibly? "HNAGD"!

Robb likes this.
  6. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Beauteous! Congrats @Robb

Robb likes this.