Mystery Squier

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Nov 5, 2016
New York
As I recall it was a direct fit with no drilling necessary. Same with the ‘89 Korean Bullet neck that went on another SE body.

This is good to know as I'm extremely drillaphobic. I have nightmares of drilling through my leg. ha ha

I'm gonna keep an eye for this combo. I'd love to have one.

MarkS

Squier Talker
Aug 29, 2013
Forest of Dean, UK
Well that escalated quickly. I was going to say that logo does look really modern. However next time I visit my mum I will go see it. I'm not bothered what it is - if I like it, I'll buy it!

Now...anyone want to buy a VM 70s?😁

Byron0420

Squier-Meister
Dec 13, 2020
W Palm Beach
Yes, Squier moved production in 1994 to China and repackaged it as the NC4 Bullet. Not the same Bullet we have now. There was no NC5. NC6 was identical to the NC4 but without the Bullet nickname. Some call the NC6 "Standards", but again, this is not the same Standard as the model we loved from 1999 to it's recent departure. NC7 was the first year Squier introduced the Affinity ... which was identical to the NC4 and NC6.

CY98 began transition to the modern Affinity line by combining the NC and YN lines. YN was predominantly sold in Europe and other parts of Asia. Though, YN7's can be found in the US in limited numbers.

Even though the majority of production was moved to China, there was still manufacturing going on elsewhere. Korea was still building the Gold Label and the Pro Tone. Japan was still building the Silver Series.

As mentioned, Mexican Squiers were a replacement as the MIJ Silver Series was phased out, and the new Standard was being introduced in 1999.
'As mentioned, Mexican Squier's were a replacement as the MIJ Silver Series was phased out, and the new Standard was being introduced in 1999.'
This is the only correct thing you have said. Both MIK and Japan had silver logos till 95.
:Korean Squiers with a black logo on the headstock always have a thin laminated body. They are the lowest quality Korean Squiers. They were built between 1992 and 1995.
These serial numbers start with CN and VN followed by 6 digits.
Silver logos were used for models built in the late 80s and for the Fender Squier Series strats, built in 1992 and 1993.
Squiers with a gold-colored logo have an alder body or ash wood if it
is from the ProTone series. These Squiers were built from mid-1995.

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Nov 5, 2016
New York
'As mentioned, Mexican Squier's were a replacement as the MIJ Silver Series was phased out, and the new Standard was being introduced in 1999.'
This is the only correct thing you have said. Both MIK and Japan had silver logos till 95.
:Korean Squiers with a black logo on the headstock always have a thin laminated body. They are the lowest quality Korean Squiers. They were built between 1992 and 1995.
These serial numbers start with CN and VN followed by 6 digits.
Silver logos were used for models built in the late 80s and for the Fender Squier Series strats, built in 1992 and 1993.
Squiers with a gold-colored logo have an alder body or ash wood if it
is from the ProTone series. These Squiers were built from mid-1995.

I had a Gold Logo non-Pro Tone MIK. I can't remember the year. But yes, Gold Logo's were used prior to the Pro Tones.

You may want to reconsider your tone. You're coming off as a serious a-hole.

Latest posts