Mystery Box 2020?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by MrYeats, Jul 23, 2020.

1. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier Talk Member ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

I still have the box here in Ohio. Next up is Loin Lover in KY, I'll get it shipped to him this weekend.

2. crowtee

crowtee Squier-Meister Gold Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2018
    utah
    Sweet, thanks for the update

mike

3. SubSailer671

The box is on the way to @Loin Lover in Kentucky. Postal clerk said it should arrive on Tuesday.

4. Forum Guest

Forum Guest Squier-Meister

Jan 22, 2019
    United States
    Though I didn’t get in on the mystery box this go-around, this has been a fun thread to watch.

Great idea @MrYeats

5. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    The next time it happens, you should defiantly get in. This is my second one and its a lot of fun!

6. jbrowning

jbrowning Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2019
    colorado springs
    This is so great to watch. I remember when I was big into Fly Fishing we would do the same thing. It was fun getting the box to see what goodies were in it and deciding on what you were going to add to it.

Great job everyone.
    Jim

7. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Heavy duty mystery box arrived this afternoon. Wow, Merry early Christmas! I have not even taken time to fully unpack it and see lots of goodies. I'll get it out in the next couple days.

I tip my cap to @SubSailer671 for his effort.

8. SubSailer671

All I did was take a few things, and added a few more back in. My stuff made the existing box too small (which is a clue to you as to what I put in!) and I had to move to a large box. I will tell you that there is an envelope with cash inside. Please take only $6 to cover the increase in shipping cost for the large box and pass the rest on.

9. MrYeats

MrYeats Dr. Squier

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    I think I am going to like being on the tail end of this dog.

10. SubSailer671

We'll have to see if any of my treasures make it all the way to you.

Not counting the $42 in cash to cover shipping costs, and based on current Amazon prices, I took out $52.20 and put back more than $100 worth of stuff. I hope someone can use it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  11. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

the key to a good box is putting back more than you take - kudos to you sir !

can't wait till picture time on this box !

drewcp, MrYeats, Angry Possum and 2 others like this.
  12. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

easier to track a 11 box run than a 30 - maybe the sweet spot is 15 plus or minus 2 ?

this one is going smooth ! ! Congrats Mr Yeats ! !

drewcp, MrYeats, Angry Possum and 2 others like this.
  13. vinbur

vinbur Squier-Nut

Sep 30, 2017
    nebraska
    I hadn't checked in for a while. Been busy chasing deer. The box is moving along quick! I have a few things set aside, and a couple of boxes to go through. I better get busy!!

14. MrYeats

MrYeats Dr. Squier

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    Moving right along...

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  15. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    My booty from the magical mystery box. LOTS of goodies moving toward @RegularJim in the morning.

The blue Strat PG is a cool color. Not sky blue, not medium blue. I like a lot. I plan to put it on a white rhino SE with my grandkids hand prints instead of the stock pearloid. That oughtta look sweet.

The string winder is something I wish I had about every month or two for a decade or three. The Ernie Ball clip on tuner was ball peen hammer dead. The good Lord helped me find a 2032 battery I thought I had laying around and waalaa!

Mrs. Lover and our granddaughter love the pick earrings. Simplicity, flair, and great tones! Also the obligatory 8 picks and a set of Martin acoustic strings.

Thanks @MrYeats for taking the lead on this. Thanks to those who have contributed some really nice stuff along the way. Thanks again to @SubSailer671 for footing the bill for a bigger and better mystery box.

mystery box take.jpg

16. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Nice take! A lot of really cool stuff. That blue pickguard will look great on a white Strat.

17. RegularJim

RegularJim Squier-Nut

Dec 30, 2017
    Illiconsin, Wisinois
    Dang. I could've used that blue pickguard. Would've looked great on my blue Strat.

Looking forward to seeing what's in there!

18. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    Shure that sounds good I have several items to put in.

19. 13druber

13druber Squier Talker

Oct 20, 2020
    Louisville ky
    Great thread, I'll be sure to get in on the next one. I have all kinds of spare parts and goodies laying around.