My new GUILDy pleasure.

Eddd

Squier-holic
Nov 20, 2019
Canada
It doesn’t really matter because it’s the saddles that determine the intonation. Think of a string through Tele. The holes are in line but the saddles are staggered.I’m sure someone will say I’m wrong but I don’t care.Plus I think it also looks kinda cool.

Hadronic Spin

Affinity Rulez!
Jan 27, 2021
Los Angeles
Just bought this today after work,the boss let me leave early.Brand new Guild Surfliner.It’s amazing.Gotta go now ,new guitar to play. View attachment 239204

Gorgeous guitar, congrats @Eddd !

I am truly looking forward to your playability and tone report, I am really interested in your Surfliner. Made me forget about that day-glow yellow strat. This one, the Surfliner, really has aesthetic mojo in spades...and a maple board!!!

Guild's Surfliner page:

Regards

Jason

Eddd

Squier-holic
Nov 20, 2019
Canada
Gorgeous guitar, congrats @Eddd !

I am truly looking forward to your playability and tone report, I am really interested in your Surfliner. Made me forget about that day-glow yellow strat. This one, the Surfliner, really has aesthetic mojo in spades...and a maple board!!!

Guild's Surfliner page:

Regards

Jason
The best way for me to describe the tone is to let someone else show you.I watched the review by the guy “ forgot his name” on “60 Cycle Hum” The tones I get are pretty much the same as in the video but his playing is much better than mine.As far as playability goes it kinda feels like my JMJM but no trem,it keeps in tune very well,neck is C shaped ,a bit chunky but comfortable,fretboard edge is rolled and frets are perfect out of the box.The middle pickup switch is a bit problematic “gotta jiggle it a bit to get it to work”but I will be replacing the switches when I get tired of jiggling it.The body is comfortable with a nice belly cut.I can’t compare it to a Strat like some other people try to do because it is not a Strat ,I like playing the Surfliner but I hate playing Strats.Fit and finish are very nice .You gotta go and try one out ,I hope my rambling review was some help. Ed.

Hadronic Spin

Affinity Rulez!
Jan 27, 2021
Los Angeles
The best way for me to describe the tone is to let someone else show you.I watched the review by the guy “ forgot his name” on “60 Cycle Hum” The tones I get are pretty much the same as in the video but his playing is much better than mine.As far as playability goes it kinda feels like my JMJM but no trem,it keeps in tune very well,neck is C shaped ,a bit chunky but comfortable,fretboard edge is rolled and frets are perfect out of the box.The middle pickup switch is a bit problematic “gotta jiggle it a bit to get it to work”but I will be replacing the switches when I get tired of jiggling it.The body is comfortable with a nice belly cut.I can’t compare it to a Strat like some other people try to do because it is not a Strat ,I like playing the Surfliner but I hate playing Strats.Fit and finish are very nice .You gotta go and try one out ,I hope my rambling review was some help. Ed.

Thanks for that.

Yes, I had watched that exact review before I initially posted here, I dug what I heard there. Still, I like to get real-world reviews meaning reviews from persons on this board. So thank you for your real-world meat n potatoes review!

Otherwise, I absolutely enjoyed what I heard on 60 CH.

I'm not sure I can get one in my hands at this time, well aside from buying one online.

Regards

Jason

Latest posts