My Electric Collection

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by szombat62, Jun 9, 2021.

1. szombat62

szombat62 Squier-Meister

Jul 19, 2015
    Rotherham, S Yorkshire UK
    Last weekend with some time in the house alone, I decided to set up the amp and pedals and jam along to a few tracks on my looper. Mostly this year I’ve been recording stuff, so my playing has been tailored to the needs of the track and playing whatever guitar and pedals I needed. As I can use the XLR out on the Tonemaster Twin, it means I’ve used headphones and not heard any sound through the cabs.

It allowed me to assemble the pedals I’ve bought over the past year together and in the front room get all of my electrics together and just for once hear the rig in a rehearsal session. It was the first time I’d had all five of them together in the room and get to play them all and compare and contrast their sounds. Needless to say it was a great time.

At the end I took a photo of them oldest on the left, newest in the front. Here’s hoping I’ll get another chance soon.

Anyways, please post any pictures of your collection. Mine is modest, but functional….and fun to play!

Attached Files:

2. 65refinyellow

65refinyellow Squier-Nut

Jun 29, 2015
    norcal
    image.jpg Great collection and what I would have if I still primarily played guitar.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  3. Kinnon09

Kinnon09 Squier-holic

Mar 8, 2021
    Scotland
    Great collection though;)

4. otisblove

otisblove Squier-Nut

Aug 19, 2016
    Central Indiana
    That's a good looking fivesome!

5. Tamarindo03

Tamarindo03 Squier-Nut

Mar 18, 2017
    Lucerne
    Beautiful. That Esquire looks amazing!

6. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-Meister

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    Nice collection of Strats and Teles. Thanks for sharing! Really liked that black Paisley Strat!

Turns out that while I like Strats, I recently learnt I also liked Teles. I also like variety, so I have representatives in nearly all types of guitars in my collection, including LPs, Vs, offsets, a semi-hollow, a star type and a few bass of several types. It'd be too much to list all 50+ here so I'll just leave a link to the thread that covers my collection:

https://www.squier-talk.com/threads/updated-electric-guitar-collection-list.186571/

Please note that this thread doesn't includes the acoustics like ukuleles and guitars.

Enjoy!

7. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-Meister

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    Btw, I'd like to hear yer thoughts on the comparison of the guitars' sounds!

8. szombat62

szombat62 Squier-Meister

Jul 19, 2015
    Thanks. It’s the earliest of the latest FSRs. Sounds and plays great too

9. szombat62

szombat62 Squier-Meister

Jul 19, 2015
    The differences between the guitars is best done across the types.

Tele/Esquire: I generally don’t play the Tele neck pick up much using the middle and bridge. The Esquire is brighter sounding and has the option of the full on setting which gives an extra bright aggressive sound which is great for solos and middle then for rhythm. This gives the Esquire a different option the Tele can’t do. Also maple neck may add to brightness. As it is the only one I can’t be sure.

Stratocaster: Blanche the SQ Squier has a lovely mellow sound. Luna, the Paisley and newest is a fuller sounding version with a little more attack. Whether that is cos of being newer we’ll see. Texas Red has Tex Mex pick ups and is altogether more hotter sounding and sharp. All very different.

10. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-Meister

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks for yer analysis. It matches my experiences too. Different guitars, even in the same type, can and often do sound different. That's the biggest reason why I ended up with so many different guitars. Each and every one of them sounds different, sometimes radically so.

I've long since given up on trying getting identical sounding guitars and now embrace just exploring the uniqueness each guitar can bring to the tonal pallette!

Btw, I can see why Texas Red is named so. Luna, I'm guessing is so named by the overall visual effect, like moonlight glittering thru the tree foliage or on the surface of a dark pool. Blanche sounds like a name a blonde would have. :D

I'm assuming that ye overall play on the Strats more than the Teles to have named the three Strats only. ;) Also noticed, aside from the Esquire, yer exclusively a rosewood neck guy. Also it looks like ye favour the burst body...and Blond/Vintage white guitars.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  11. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    Nice collection !

12. szombat62

szombat62 Squier-Meister

Jul 19, 2015
    All my guitars are named, but trying to be brief I didn’t name all of them. Here they are:
    White SQ Stratocaster: Blanche DuBois
    Telecaster: Scarlett O’Hara
    Candy Apple Affinity: Lil Ol’ Texas Red
    Esquire: Grace
    Paisley Strat: Luna

You will notice a connection to Vivian Leigh, Grace is my partner’s middle name and Luna is also one of our cat!

BlueSquirrel and Robb like this.
  13. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Squier-Nut

Mar 9, 2020
    Greybull, WY
    Thanks for sharing, nice group.

BlueSquirrel and Robb like this.
  14. Lanaka

Lanaka Squier-Meister

Feb 11, 2020
    Honolulu, HI
    Guess I fell into that ASSume trap! :eek:

I've named all my guitars too, even the ones I don't play. LOL, I try to keep my names simple cuz I use Google translated Hawaiian for the names and anything NOT simple can get VERY long in Hawaiian. Bet Luna is a black with silver cat! (Ok, I know I'm risking my foot in the trap again, but cannot resist as I love cats!) :D

BlueSquirrel likes this.
  15. szombat62

szombat62 Squier-Meister

Jul 19, 2015
    This is Luna….she’s actually white and black and not really like the guitar, but shares her grace and elegance. I do find that having named my guitars means I am loath to sell them too. Anyone else find this is the case?

Attached Files:

BlueSquirrel likes this.