my brother got his butt kicked by Moderna

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by BluesForDan, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Hal Nico

Hal Nico Squier-Meister

Dec 21, 2020
    UK
    Just to give some good news,

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/21/only...th-covid-in-uk-after-having-vaccine-14446918/

"There are currently 1,973 people in hospital with coronavirus, down drastically from the 359,829 on January 18. "

Both Pfizer and Astra Zenica have been used in the UK :)

I myself had the AZ and had no side effects that I could attribute to the jab. I get my 2nd jab on the 12th of May and can't wait :)

grizzlewulf, Viking and Dr Improbable like this.
  2. SoleilSF

SoleilSF Squier-Nut

Mar 1, 2019
    San Francisco
    Moderna!!!!

My opinion: if you can get the shot early in the day ... and you can keep your body moving, hydrating, for the rest of the day, it may help?

Post 1st (had at noon) shot I was mildly flu-like symptomatic for a day.
    Not bad.

2nd shot (had in the evening; 9pm): heavily symptomatic flu-like for 2 days ... then much better on day three.
    And its DONE.

Davis Sharp and grizzlewulf like this.
  3. Jes Woodland

Jes Woodland Squier-Meister

Sep 4, 2020
    Nottingham UK
    I've had both my Pfizer shots, 1st was OK but the second one made feel quite rough for a couple of days.
    I caught the virus last year right at the beginning of the epidemic and was very ill but not hospitalised. It took me over a month to recover.
    I consider myself very fortunate and am glad that Mrs W and I have had the vaccine.

Davis Sharp, -r3- and grizzlewulf like this.
  4. speelyei

speelyei Squier-Nut

Sep 22, 2020
    North America
    Had first Moderna a few weeks ago. Felt kind of blah... like someone had their thumb on the record for two or three days.

Got the second shot last Thursday, and had to drive for a couple days for work. Felt awful all day, night sweats, fever, and frequent urination, for two days. Symptoms gone by Sunday morning.

Davis Sharp and grizzlewulf like this.
  5. Hotrails15

Hotrails15 Squier Talker

Sep 7, 2019
    North Carolina
    Had Moderna. Felt under the weather after the first shot for about 12 hours. Felt lousy for about a day after the second shot. Then fine. Wife and son had phizer with almost no issues. Glad to be vaccinated.

6. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

Oct 7, 2013
    Wolf 359
    I had the J&J yesterday, no problems, just a slight ache in my arm.
    Only 1 shot so no going back for a second one.

grizzlewulf and Davis Sharp like this.
  7. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    I had the virus last year and I'm not taking the Frankenccine. I hope he recovers soon.

8. Viking

Viking Squier-Meister ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Apr 10, 2010
    Winnipeg,Mb Canada
    Got my second shot of Moderna yesterday morning. Other than some soreness where I got the jab, I feel fine. Even had a few wobbly pops last night.

grizzlewulf likes this.
  9. edro

edro Squier Talker

Had the J&J One & Done. Zero side effects. Nada... Zip....

Viking and grizzlewulf like this.
  10. nomadh

nomadh Squier-Nut

Jun 11, 2010
    SD CA
    The moderna likes to let you know you're getting a mini covid. I know if dozens. I got the j n j with w bunch of others and I didnt gear of a single reaction.