my brother got his butt kicked by Moderna

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by BluesForDan, Apr 21, 2021.

1. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Meister

he got his first shot yesterday. Felt like crap. During night woke up shivering, everything hurts. Practically all the Covid symptoms except cough.

He's worried about his second shot. I don't think it will be as bad.

I had almost nothing from my first except a sore arm and maybe a little tiredness. Getting my second this saturday. my shot was pfizer.

2. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    In my non-expert analysis, reading people's experiences, seems like if the first shot wipes you out, the 2nd usually isn't as bad...I have no data, just what I've been hearing from friends and family. My 64 y/o dad got super smashed by the 1st dose and on the 2nd felt fine.

3. WPSlover

WPSlover Squier Talker

Jan 17, 2021
    MI
    I know three people who got the shot and died within a week. I don't know if I wanna get it now...

4. Hugh

Hugh Squier-Nut

Dec 15, 2009
    USA
    Thing is, mRNA vaccines have been developed for decades as a possible cancer prophylactic. Never authorized for use until now. And just eau.

That's what a friend of mine's brother told him. His brother is a pathologist and told him to wait a few months to see how things go before getting such a vaccine.

I had covid-19 last November and have tested for antibodies three times since. I also reduced my high risk conditions by stopping smoking, proper diet, and exercise. I'm losing weight, no longer pre-diabetic, and for the first time in decades have my blood pressure in the mid to lower normal range.

I'm going to go with my natural immune system.

I'm not anti-vaccine though. I have been hammered with various vaccines the last six or seven years.

Edit to add : since I recovered from covid I've had an echocardiogram, nuclear stress test, and CT scan of my lungs. All showed I'm a lot healthier than I thought I would be due to my past smoking history and poor diet.

Cochise, Shaytan, WPSlover and 6 others like this.
  5. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I had the opposite experience. My first shot had no ill effects and the second one knocked me down for a day or so. I was dumb enough to go to work the day after the second one.

6. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-holic

Feb 14, 2019
    Mrs. JWB and I both had the same experience as @mkgearhead . The night of the 2nd shot she woke me up having chills. It was so bad that she was shaking the bed. 2 days later we both felt better. I'm still feeling kinda weak and lackadaisical :(

vlxerdon, speelyei, Viking and 2 others like this.
  7. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    My first was fairly easy, but my second shot kicked my butt. Still went to work Monday.

vlxerdon, techowiz, dbrian66 and 4 others like this.
  8. jbrowning

jbrowning Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2019
    colorado springs
    Hope your brother gets to feeling better soon. I had the Moderna shots and all I had was a sore arm and a little more tired than normal and that didn't last very long a few days.

Jim

9. Viking

Viking Squier-Meister ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Apr 10, 2010
    Winnipeg,Mb Canada
    Girlfriend and I received our first shot of that funky cold Moderna Monday morning. I don't do well with with getting needles and have had several experiences of blacking out especially when drawing blood. I let the staff know of my situation and they promptly put down a mat next to the wall where my girlfriend was sitting and I laid down and the nurse jabbed me and after a minute or two my anxiety went away and I got up and sat in the chair that that was provided for me. After the 15 minutes or so that they make you wait after the vaccination we were given the ok to leave and I walked out of the vaccination site like I was The Champ.
    Other than soreness where I got the shot I've been fine but my girlfriend was sick late yesterday afternoon and into the evening. She's feeling better today but made an appointment to see her doctor this afternoon. Me, I've put some beers in the fridge to chill for tonight after the foster kids go to bed. I Feel Good.:)

Cochise, Amelia, Eddd and 3 others like this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie My Squier is on Fire !!! Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I was hit hard by the Moderna also. First shot, second day - temperature and delirious dreams. Second shot, second day - cold symptoms (runny nose, headache, sneezes).

Both lasted a day. Took them on a Wednesday, got hit on Thursday, felt better by Thursday evening, and done by Friday.

At least you know it's working.

Cochise, Amelia, Viking and 3 others like this.
  11. Hadronic Spin

Hadronic Spin J Squier, Esquier Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Just as a point of vaccine information, I got the J&J shot April 3rd. The only side effects I encountered was 30 minutes after the shot, my left eye started to throb and I got really light headed. Lasted all of 30 seconds, and no problems since.

J

12. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    Second shot of Phizer got me... 2am the following morning woke up in a puddle, with a headache rolling across my head left, to right. 16 hours later I was perfectly fine. The first shot was almost nothing.

vlxerdon, Viking, dbrian66 and 2 others like this.
  13. 65refinyellow

65refinyellow Squier-Nut

Jun 29, 2015
    norcal
    I had Pfizer first dose and even though neighbor, mom, and wife had little, I was that 33% percent that had a longer reaction. I had a sore arm for three days with day two being the worst.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  14. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

I too had a relative that died a couple of days after receiving the vaccine.
    I didn't know getting hit by a bus was a side-effect.

Cochise, vlxerdon, Viking and 6 others like this.
  15. fuelish

fuelish Squier-holic

I had the Pfizer (spelling?) first shot was nothing, second shot a week ago wiped me out for a few days....but am glad I got it. My wife did worse with her second shingles vax, it kicked her butt

16. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    I got the J&J too. Felt very tired that night, next day felt fatigued and achey and generally kinda crummy, but I felt fine again by the second night

Viking and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  17. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Dr. Squier

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    That's because you hit the door jamb with your head going out the clinic o_O

YOU personally know 3 people that died from the vaccine ? Wow ! Go buy a lottery ticket right away.

I had the first Phaser shot, I had cool tinnitus for the afternoon.

mbroadus, Eddd, Viking and 4 others like this.
  18. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Got first Pfizer just over a week ago. Most pain-free vacc I can recall for the jab. I'd just finished a pretty grueling 2.5 day road trip the night before, and experienced a little achiness and felt overheated some the next couple days. How much was residual soreness from driving for hours and hours in perfect weather then driving hours and hours through huge rainstorm vs mRNA'd buggers exploiting some of that soreness I'll never know. But for the upcoming shot #2 I'm definitely going to try the plenty of fluids, some NSAIDs and relaxation approach & see if that's an even easier recovery.

19. MLHull

MLHull Squier-Meister

Sep 19, 2020
    TX
    I just got the 2nd shot of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. The first shot gave me a doozy of a headache and, not sure if its a side effect but I was farting like a cow for 2 days. So far the 2nd dose has been without a headache or excessive flatulence.

Amelia, Viking and -r3- like this.
  20. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    I had the Aztra stuff this week and did not have any side effects !

Amelia, Eddd, Viking and 1 other person like this.