MusiciansFriend whats the hold up?

Discussion in 'Squier Offset Guitars' started by Guitarmageddon, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-holic

the new Squier offsets are for sale at many UK, European, and USA retailers....MusiciansFriend has none yet! I asked a customer service rep in chat the other day and they were clueless...

I hope they get them soon!

The Squier Bullet Mustang HH, the Affinity Jazzmaster HH, the Deluxe Jazzmaster, etc....

MrHooligan73 likes this.
  2. OldGuitarPlayer

OldGuitarPlayer Squier-Nut

Jul 17, 2012
    the basement
    Not only that but what about Long & McQuade?

Viking and Guitarmageddon like this.
  3. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    Maybe they ordered some special colors and are waiting for them to arrive.

4. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    I hope you are right. I'd be in for another one in a different color.

5. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    If they did one in Daphne Blue, I'd have to sell another guitar.... :rolleyes:

OldGuitarPlayer and Caddy like this.
  6. jefffam

jefffam Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2015
    Five Points, AL
    Not to a damper on the parade, but if only 50% of the scuttlebutt and rumors are true; MF/GC may not have enough cash on hand to buy new merchandise from Fender. They have been liquidating stuff at sale prices for a couple months now. I read where there was a serious issue paying suppliers, and that was at least a year ago. Just a possibility.

MrHooligan73 likes this.
  7. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Squier-Meister

Sep 6, 2014
    Va
    Was at GC today, they had new Fender models. Just not Squier yet. Every year, the 'sky is falling' over at GC and MF. When they hold a huge liquidation sale, let me know. I'll believe it then.

skypeace likes this.
  8. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    I think MF will have them myself. They are one of Fenders biggest vendors.

9. KrinkleCuss

KrinkleCuss Squier Talker

Feb 7, 2017
    US
    why not just buy one from another dealer? check Reverb.com

10. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    I've bought three of the new Squier offsets now directly from the Fender website. Shipping has been free and super fast. Great service.

11. squierjosh

squierjosh Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2010
    MN
    Well if GC got them, people could go to the actual store and check them out before buying. That's what I'm hoping for, at least. Doesn't mean I won't buy one from someone else after that, though.

altern likes this.
  12. KrinkleCuss

KrinkleCuss Squier Talker

Feb 7, 2017
    US
    Ahhh... I hear ya.
    I see you are in MN... Check out Twin Town Guitars on Lyndale in Minneapolis. They have had them in stock for 2 weeks. Great store BTW with really great staff. http://twintown.com/

OldGuitarPlayer likes this.
  13. Musicians Friend

Musicians Friend New Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Westlake Village
    We are getting them. We just received the information to build them into the system, so we should have information on when they are coming in posted within the next few days.

If you haven't heard anything by Monday of next week, feel free to email us at [email protected] and we can help out.

late2guitar, nitro, willhowl and 6 others like this.
  14. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-holic

Thanks for joining the forum and posting to inform us!! Welcome!!

OldGuitarPlayer and MrHooligan73 like this.
  15. MrHooligan73

MrHooligan73 Squier Talker

Aug 4, 2016
    USA
    FMIC owns many brands now and I'm sure can only extend only a certain amount of credit. Could easily explain the deals MD has been offering since Christmas. Or it could be a seal they have with MF too move a buttkoad of stuff fast. MF was in hot water several times over the past decade or so.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017
  16. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America

Thanks! Great news..... (this is where you let us know that MF will have some special colors for the Bullet Mustangs only available at MF) :)

17. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    The Bullet Mustang just showed up in the system at Sweetwater as a new item "Coming Soon"

Sweetwater Mustangs.jpg

18. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    As did the Deluxe Jazzmasters and the Affinty Jazzmaster HH too.
    Affinity Jazzmaster.jpg

Deluxe JM at Sweetwater.jpg

Deluxe JM Hard Tail.jpg

19. radiotech

radiotech Squier-holic

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    What's interesting about this is how often GC (MF) has exclusive Bullet products, now there's an official Bullet product, and they don't have it.

I would like to point out that the Chicago area GC's didn't have Squier Cabronita's or either of the first two releases of the '51 (first Squier, and Fender Pawn Shop) until almost at the end of their runs, even though they were on the websites for GC/MF.

I'm guessing the big difference here is Fender finally selling their Squier products online themselves, which probably gives them faster/better feedback of what customers want VS waiting to get the sales numbers back from GC/MF (whose numbers are often driven by advertised sales).

20. altern

altern Squier Talker

Feb 9, 2017
    Buffalo
    I just hope to see them in stores soon. I really want to play one before I grab it, and a limited color run would be doubly fun. None of the mom and pop places near me carry squier stuff