Monoprice Black Friday Sale

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by techowiz, Nov 20, 2020 at 5:06 PM.

1. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
  2. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychopathic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
  3. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Agreed! When compared with the Glarry's , Grote's etc in this price range or higher, the Monoprice is the best value.

4. notme

notme Squier-Meister

Feb 26, 2014
    Kamloops BC Canada
  5. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I have two of the Strat clones, the blue burst and the white. I paid even a little less for them and they are, I think, well worth the price of admission. The gig bag on the newer one, the blue burst, is pretty nice, too, so I imagine you folks will be getting this one. The other had a very thin bag but the guitar came set up better.

I wouldn't mind getting one but I have another guitar on order (that Iyv Mustang clone which is supposed to be in stock on Dec. 11 or 12) and I'm also looking for some kind of thinline, preferably one with two F holes. So I'm thinking maybe the one P-90 Grote Jazz, the newer 2 P90 Firefly FFHB or something else. I prefer single coils, then P-90s and then (a long wait) humbuckers.

So sadly Monoprice doesn't have anything I'm interested in. But if they did, I'd be ordering one.

6. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Fudge, killer price.

How do these compare to the Squier Tele's?

7. kjmac

kjmac Squier-holic

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I've got one of those Indio Tele's. A little tweaking and it's a great guitar.

indio 1.jpg indio 2.JPEG indio 3.JPEG

8. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
  9. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Similar to the Squier Bullet Tele's. Better price and come with a padded gig bag. Thicker neck than Bullet tele.

10. late2guitar

late2guitar Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Middle Tennessee
    I snagged one for $78.50 in white a few weeks back. I like it better than the bullet/affinity strats of old because it's a full thickness. I haven't gotten a '20 Bullet or affinity... Some say they're thicker than past models, so...

Anyway these guitars are good players out of the box and SPECTACULAR mod platforms. But mine is staying as is.

11. notme

notme Squier-Meister

Feb 26, 2014
    Kamloops BC Canada
    Just have a fret file ready when it arrives