Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by corn, Aug 5, 2017.
A couple things I need to get off my ass and do something with
Second from the right looks rather interesting. Can’t wait to see what it becomes.
Always got to throw in a beer pic too...
I’ll just call this the “Don’t Tell Paul “
This one is Mustang Tele ,, or tally
Congrats! This is a dream guitar!
Experiencing with some copper I found , it’s very old, from the 70s , it took me a while to get the nerve to try to route a pick guard , but I’m building a barncaster and needed a different look, between this and soaking parts in muradic acid ,,,, i’m living a dangerous life here y’all ;(
What’s on my workbench you may ask? How about and offset modified Gumby Firebird 12 string?
Interesting control layout on that 12 string Gumbird Fireby!
Here we go again!
Corn, I like the way you think and have happy accidents. The world could use a few more guitar builders like you.
What in gods name is this you may ask?
This is the back,,,, Moron this later
and this will be the front,,, someday,,
I fell in there and I can't get out!
here is La Chingadera
LOL everyone should wonder what that word means ! killa classic Corn ! !
I always want to post the little things I do but it seems like I’m too impatient to actually post pictures and go through a pictorial to show you what I’m actually doing. so I’m going to try. very hard,,,,, to make this as clear as possible,,, ready?
So this is what I do with those cheap jazzmaster bridges that everybody seems to have problems with except me
So here’s the stock bridge, the problem I see with it is both the front and the back are level to each other. The problem is you have a minimal adjustment because the strings have to clear over the front rail, it only needs to be grind it off a little bit to make sure that strings clear without any interference .
What I have also figured out is the holes through the back of the bridge are too tight it will not let the saddle height adjust up and down before it starts binding on the threads of the screw. All you need to do and it is very simple, is to get a drill bit slightly bigger than the whole and remade out especially up-and-down so the screw has more play and the saddle has more up and down adjustment height
Look at the other pictures to get an idea of what I do ,and before I put it all back together I put Loctite on every threaded piece. It seems like the bridge always wants to settle downward but the Loctite will stop it. The saddles always seem to want to move slightly the Loctite. It also lock them in place and will still let you adjust them