Making plans to spend your Social Security increase?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Ralph124C41, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2016

No, this is the established rate.
    https://www.ssa.gov/news/press/releases/2021/#10-2021-2

2. DJ_Dru

DJ_Dru Squier Talker

Dec 30, 2018
    California, USA
    5.9% of crap is still a crap increase

Angry Possum likes this.
  3. vlxerdon

vlxerdon Squier-Nut

Dec 31, 2014
    Coastal Georgia
    No worries, they will bump medicare rates up enough to take most of the raise. Don't want those on S.S. to be able to afford the cost of living we are going through.

Angry Possum likes this.
  4. OOMTOM

OOMTOM Squier-Meister

Jun 19, 2021
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Not really on topic. 75 years old, still working, don't qualify for local relief or pension as I refuse to give up being British. Pay income tax every week. but I do get a portion of the UK pension as I worked there way back before emigrating.

Now my dilemma is this. My daughter came here for my sons wedding and would have had to Hotel Quarantine for 11 days on return to the UK. Good old Boris removed South Africa from the Travel Red List which meant that the Hotel Quarantine fell away. I promised my Darling Daughter ( pet name Baby Shoes ) that I would cover the cost of the quarantine as I badly wanted her to be here.

Dilemma: The cost of the quarantine would have been in South African currency around R 44,000.00 or R 4,000.00 per day. My heart tells me I could buy 1 new Squier every day for 11 days. But my head says " Whoa " . As I am cautious by nature my head is winning.............

5. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychotic 6 String Collector

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    I agree. Lol, yep don't get political. I was about to speew out something. But then remembered no politics..

Hoss likes this.