Maalox anyone?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by ScoobySnacker, Dec 4, 2019.

1. ScoobySnacker

ScoobySnacker Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2018
    Never-reach, NY
    One year ago today I joined this motley bunch of guitar slingers.:rolleyes:
    At the time I was the happy owner of a couple of Yamaha acoustics, a 2001 Affinity Stratocaster, a recently acquired G&L ASAT Bluesboy MII, and a pair of 40 watt Fender amplifiers (1 Champ and 1 Acoustasonic). At least I THOUGHT I was happy. :)

Then I started hanging around with you guys(my mom warned me about guys like you).:oops::p

Since that fateful day :eek:I have added 2 Firefly semi-hollows(1 Blue burst, 1 red), a Monoprice stage right 15W amp, an Epiphone SG special and a CAR Squier Standard Stratocaster. Not to mention a plethora of cables and other such necessities.

Groucho was right when he said "I should never be a member of any group that would have me as a member. ;)

The GAAAAAS is bad amongst youse and HIGHLY contagious. :mad:;)

Thanks for letting me hang out with you. :):D

BTW, is there a cure or am I doomed?:confused::cool:

2. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    We're definitely a bunch of enablers. Guitars are like chips, you can't just have one.

3. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    I am pretty sure if I lost both my hands I would still buy guitars .

4. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    You’re doomed :D

5. ScoobySnacker

ScoobySnacker Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2018
    Never-reach, NY
    'Tis true, indeed. :confused:

I have, however, found that all these new toys have me far more involved in the learning process as I play more frequently(gotta play 'em all, don't I).
    As such, I have actually reached mediocrity in my playing abilities. :)

squierbilly and waynes world like this.
  6. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Nut

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
    I had one a year ago now six, I can relate! It does make you play more to justify all the purchases ;)

7. JoeInMichigan

JoeInMichigan Squier-Meister

Jun 10, 2018
    Michigan
    Now that's funny! I feel the same way and have heard it from the little woman umpteen times.

ScoobySnacker and waynes world like this.
  8. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Nut

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I guess I continue to make Marx proud!!

Okay, jokes aside... While I love looking and daydreaming about new gear, I'm actually well controlled when it comes to pulling the trigger and actually pick something up, unless it's a great deal with the intent of reselling for a fair price later on.

I guess being a broke senior college student doesn't really help the matters, neither in terms of available funds, nor regarding my mentality of avoiding the accumulation of redundant possessions that could soon become a burden when I start looking for the next opportunities awaiting me after graduation, that I've already mentioned around here recently.

My current collection of gear consists of two electrics - the Squier that started it all and brought me here, and my PRS SE - my classical guitar and my Portuguese guitar (which I technically currently own two, though my old one is consigned for sale at a local store). Other than the Squier, which would be incredibly hard to part ways with out of sentimental value, all the others were the best I could reasonably afford and great keepers for many years to come, I hope.

ScoobySnacker likes this.
  9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    We love to share the gas around here ...lol

10. Guitar Cat

Guitar Cat Squier-Meister

Jul 29, 2018
    Spring Lake Hts, NJ
    Getting involved with learning the guitar is a good thing. Keep it going!