For Trade Local only (Canton , Ohio) - 2018 Fender Modern Player Telecaster

Nadnitram

Squier-Meister
Jan 1, 2020
Ohio
I realize I have substantially limited my target audience, but I am simply not interested in shipping anything.

1669242623451.png 1669242790190.png 1669242804734.png 1669242817575.png 1669242847405.png

Pine body with a belly cut, string-through body, HSS, Crafted in China.

The original owner upgraded with Fender locking tuners and a Seymour Duncan humbucker. Unfortunately, he also had his tech wire it in a way that disabled the splitting for the humbucker, and I believe also tied the humbucker into all five switch positions. He neglected to tell me this up front, so I did not discover the changes until I got home. Plays great, just a darker sound than I really wanted.

I'm looking for trade offers, mostly for other guitars. My wish list includes Epiphone Masterbilt acoustic, Danelectro 12-string, Ibanez (electric) semi-hollow 12-string, Yamaha Revstar, Yamaha Pacifica 611. But make an offer -- I may not know I want your trade until I see it.

Last edited:

jdean074

Squier-Meister
Jan 1, 2022
Ashtabula OH
^^^ I sure do love me a good Paranormal -- cept for that ugly offset Tele -- That may be an unpopular opinion

I'm local so I clicked -- Bummer with that bunk wiring. Cool stick but not for me at this time -- Regardless, what's the story with those funky saddles? Stock?

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
^^^ I sure do love me a good Paranormal -- cept for that ugly offset Tele -- That may be an unpopular opinion

I'm local so I clicked -- Bummer with that bunk wiring. Cool stick but not for me at this time -- Regardless, what's the story with those funky saddles? Stock?
You don't like the "Roller" Saddles? Those are like Caveman Inventing the Wheel. Less Friction. :D

Nadnitram

Squier-Meister
Jan 1, 2020
Ohio

No. I believe he had the saddles installed with the other mods.

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
Hey Nad's, everyone wants to know how good those JM Pickups sound? I like the Fugly Offset Tele's. Someone was closing out the Fender Japanese Mahogany Offsets for I think $799? They had a P-90 in the Neck. I had Retailer weight me up one. 9 lbs. Told him not today! :D

TimTheViking

Squier-holic
Feb 13, 2019
Chesapeake, Virginia
I have that exact MP Tele (2018) that I came across a few years back but men's pure stock. I love it and it's one of my favorites. The neck and bridge pickups are Fender Strat. It has a boatload of tones! I dare say it plays as well as my American Tele although the neck profile is smaller which I prefer anyway. Mine is anything but dark. Maybe the rewire is the problem? You could probably find a wiring diagram for it and return it to stock but you'd have to verify that SDs can be split. I like the bridge mod with the rollers too although I don't have any issues with mine as far as staying in tune. My only complaint is that the pine body makes it HEAVY! If you do trade it, good luck and congrats to the trading partner as they're really getting a nice Tele. In my opinion it's really one of those hidden gems that never caught on. I only paid $250 for mine and that included a tweed HSC.

For any one looking for specs, it's Fender Model 024-1102-569

Nadnitram

Squier-Meister
Jan 1, 2020
Ohio
Hey Nad's, everyone wants to know how good those JM Pickups sound? I like the Fugly Offset Tele's. Someone was closing out the Fender Japanese Mahogany Offsets for I think $799? They had a P-90 in the Neck. I had Retailer weight me up one. 9 lbs. Told him not today! :D
Primarily an acoustic player, I'm probably not the best person to give a description of how pickups sound. I expected a smooth P90 sound, and was surprised that the JMs seemed to growl. I'm not sure that even makes sense.

I have that exact MP Tele (2018) that I came across a few years back but men's pure stock. I love it and it's one of my favorites. The neck and bridge pickups are Fender Strat. It has a boatload of tones! I dare say it plays as well as my American Tele although the neck profile is smaller which I prefer anyway. Mine is anything but dark. Maybe the rewire is the problem? You could probably find a wiring diagram for it and return it to stock but you'd have to verify that SDs can be split. I like the bridge mod with the rollers too although I don't have any issues with mine as far as staying in tune. My only complaint is that the pine body makes it HEAVY! If you do trade it, good luck and congrats to the trading partner as they're really getting a nice Tele. In my opinion it's really one of those hidden gems that never caught on. I only paid $250 for mine and that included a tweed HSC.

For any one looking for specs, it's Fender Model 024-1102-569
Wow! You got a great deal there. I agree that the pine body is heavy, but I'm also comparing it to the thinline I mentioned in another post.

I'm positive that the mods are the reason it sounds dark. If it had the original wiring, I'm sure I would be keeping it. I just don't have enough confidence in my soldering skills to attempt to change it back.

skydog

Squier Talker
Jan 10, 2013
Indiana
For years I worked for a company based in Canton. Great city! I would stay on “the hill” in North Canton. There was a nice restaurant right on the runway at the Akron Airport that I loved going to!

Latest posts