Let's wake up this part of the forum a bit ;)

Discussion in 'Surf Music Forum' started by fattboyzz, Nov 12, 2019.

1. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    It is all put together now and playable. I will find time to do a demo from the shop. I will first have to program my Yamaha EW 410 for some background.

mb doug likes this.
  2. beagle

beagle Squier-Nut

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    Caddy, grizmit, mb doug and 2 others like this.
  3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    MrYeats, mb doug and beagle like this.
  4. grizmit

grizmit Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2015
    Ugh... just delivered my youngest (the drummer) to college on Monday. The Rubber Band is an empty nest. I'm not crying, you're crying.

PangPang, DougMen and duceditor like this.
  5. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Time flies...well, my kid will be in 5th grade only, so I guess I will be able to jam a bit more with her. I am training a few other kids for me and her and have my own house band. hehe. Smart eh? But our drummer is the Beatbuddy. Not easy to haul drums around...

grizmit likes this.
  6. grizmit

grizmit Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2015
    Yeah, I got my 2 kids into playing music with me in 2011 when they were about 9 and 11 (drums and bass). That surf original video was 2013. Over the years, we've actually gotten pretty good at playing all different styles and switching around on the instruments. Never got tired of it, even though our schedules got more complicated as they got older, we still found time to jam.

Getting them into performing music was one of the best moves I ever made. Great family time and great memories. They're hooked for life. In fact, I actually had to talk my son into *only* taking one acoustic and one electric with him to have in his dorm room. That's my boy! :)

PangPang, wickedtools and Caddy like this.
  7. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau

Further inspired by grizmit, I really need to get my kid play more music before I ask my girl to bring a guitar with her to have in her dorm (one day). i only have 1 kid so I thought it'd be nice to get her best friends coming over to jam with us, and we show them slowly how to play. It was my birthday today so these two little girls played one of my favorite songs (Marianne, by the Alfee). I know it's not surf this time and we only have 1 Squier at home. I hope you will still enjoy the video. Cheers!

grizmit likes this.
  8. grizmit

grizmit Squier-holic

Jan 25, 2015
    Yeaaah! That's great man! That wah solo was awesome, she's going to be a total shredder for sure. Great skills all around. Nice guitars too. Way to go, Dad, keep up the great work. And Happy Birthday!

PangPang likes this.
  9. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Thank you, Grizmit! We mostly do surf. But this covid-19 thing kept us indoor for quite a long time so I thought perhaps she should try something a bit more challenging. Little kids pick it up fast. Cheers!

grizmit likes this.