Lefty Pro Tone Squier.

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by Forumnube, May 15, 2021.

1. Forumnube

Forumnube Squier Talker

Mar 25, 2019
    Vancouver British Columbia
    Hi guys. So I just got this today. Apparently its a rare one. Can anyone tell me anything about it and possibly the value of it? I got it at a good price I'm sure but I'd like to know what you all think? I think it's was manufactured in 1997.

Screenshot_20210514-154406.png Screenshot_20210514-154418.png Screenshot_20210514-154347.png

2. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Rare because that's the only lefty model Pro Tone Strat, vintage white was the only color available, white guard stock, aged knobs & covers stock. Ash body, 1 pc maple neck, alnico pickups. Made from '96 - '97, discontinued in '98, retailed for around $500 then. Pro Tones were top of the line Squiers. Today's price with the competition of new Classic Vibes...... a guess at $400.

3. Eddie

Eddie My Squier is on Fire !!! Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

I've seen the Pro Tones go for a bit over $300. Not sure how much demand there is for lefty guitars. I've seen some great values in lefties sit there for months and months.

surf green, Forumnube and Kinnon09 like this.
  4. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Given the condition, I would expect that to sell for around 300 USD today. There are some markets where it might fetch more, but I had a hard time moving my white RH ProTone last year for even 250

Forumnube likes this.
  5. Forumnube

Forumnube Squier Talker

Mar 25, 2019
    Vancouver British Columbia
    Well... I love the feel of the neck. I am not left handed but I may through that neck onto my Strat I use now and flip the nut. I only paid$100 Canadian for this guitar. I was hoping to clean it up and sell it or trade it for a tele affinity or something.

Is the pups and pots any better then a modern Squier or pretty much the same? My profile picture Strat just has stock stuff in it. Would it be worth swapping that stuff out too?

Viking and drewcp like this.
  6. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Sounds like you got a good deal. The pickups in the pro tone were alnicos but nothing too special. I would probably leave it as is and flip it for a profit and buy some pickups with some of the profits. Being a lefty it might take a little longer to sell but it will sell, you can make some lefty very happy.

Viking and Forumnube like this.
  7. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Imo the ProTone is worth more than a Used Affinity Tele. LH stuff can be hard to move and hard to find, but unless you are set on the smaller nut width on an Affinity, I would recommend holding out for a Standard Tele as a trade or just flip it. If it's cleaned up you should be able to double your money, at least.

Forumnube likes this.