Last thing about my SR800 bass pickups.

gary mitchell

Squier-holic
Aug 23, 2019
Texas
I did not order the EMG pickups my bass is going into the shop tomorrow and have a complete overhaul. frets checked and level if needed intonate job you name. The electronics are going to be checked and clean of any corrosion that may had been done over the 32 years . The guy told me if any it's usually around the battery. he said it being in almost mint condition the frets are probably decent looks like know one played it much. the red lettering on the Low Z pickups are hardly wore if any at all. The guy I am taking it to has a really good reputation and has been around along time. he said it will be like a new bass when he is done. He couldn't believe a 1990 MIJ SR800 could be in that good of shape. Its going to the shop at 2:30 in the after noon tomorrow. Now I am getting excited can't wait but I told him not to rush I can play my little Ibanez Mikro this coming Sunday.

gary mitchell

Squier-holic
Aug 23, 2019
Texas
My bass is still in the shop this guy has a big shop and is pretty busy. Right now him and his crew is also getting instruments ready for schools in the area, but he said he should get to in about 4 more days. I have decided not to rush him but I am excited and can't wait to get it back. i will keep you all updated .

gary mitchell

Squier-holic
Aug 23, 2019
Texas
I got my mint 32 year old MIJ SR800 Ibanez bass back this morning and it plays nice ho made sure all the frets were the same height intonation was right on he took the original active electronics out clean them made sure there were know corrosion he also clean the pots real good oiled the fret board and set the height of the pickups. He set the action of the strings real low like I like them . My bass looks like and feels like I am playing a brand new bass I love it, it was worth the $106.00 he charged me sure I probably could done some of that, but like I said I am getting older don’t see as good I use to and solder like I use to, but I am glad to get it back and back like it was.

Attachments

• 7FDC9942-77DA-4FF0-93EA-30B951338A1F.jpeg
    7FDC9942-77DA-4FF0-93EA-30B951338A1F.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 6

radiotech

Squier-Axpert
Apr 23, 2014
Freedonia
I got my mint 32 year old MIJ SR800 Ibanez bass back this morning and it plays nice ho made sure all the frets were the same height intonation was right on he took the original active electronics out clean them made sure there were know corrosion he also clean the pots real good oiled the fret board and set the height of the pickups. He set the action of the strings real low like I like them . My bass looks like and feels like I am playing a brand new bass I love it, it was worth the $106.00 he charged me sure I probably could done some of that, but like I said I am getting older don’t see as good I use to and solder like I use to, but I am glad to get it back and back like it was.
There ya go… glad to hear it Gary, enjoy!

Lanaka

Squier-holic
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
Nice SR800! Didn't know that they had a purple-ish version!

My SR406 is from 1998, so it's a tad younger than yours at 24 years old, but at same time it's in pretty good condition too. I wouldn't call mine mint tho, LOL!

Ibanez_SR406NT-CC-ZA(2000²).jpg

I like my 6-stringer, altho I cannot call myself a true bassist since I tuned it like a guitar that's lower than E-Standard. I think it's now called B-Standard (B0–E1–A1–D2–F♯2–B2)? With my itty bitty hands I can't do chords, except at the nut end. I tend to do arpeggios instead. Next string change I'm gonna put flatwounds back on it, it's gentler on me fingers. 😅😁

gary mitchell

Squier-holic
Aug 23, 2019
Texas
Man I got looking at what he did to it boy did he go thru it he did a few more things then I listed, I will have to get the list and let you know what all he did. The electronics looked brand spanking new the pickups and stuff the red lettering on the pickups looked like they never been played. We just couldn’t find any scratches in the would after he polished it, you could see just a little wear on the bridge on one of the screws where someone maybe rested their hand just a little. Man I feel blessed to have latched on to this bass . I can’t wait to use it in Church this coming Sunday. At home I use a Jeff Berlin 151p Markbass and at Church I use a GK 300 watt 15 combo. I still have my little Ibanez Mikro bass I use in my music room , it’s handy and I don’t knock everything down . I also have used at gigs it’s a nice little bass. Oh and as soon as I can I will post a couple of new pictures of it why it’s still shiny and pretty.

Latest posts