KGC Brass Block finally arrived.

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Cherokee, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee <i>formerly dannyvawn</i>

Apr 28, 2010
    Isle of Lucy
    It finally came. I have bought a lot of replacement blocks in my life and really noticed the difference but with this one I can hear and feel the difference. The volume and clarity of the notes are loud and even across the board. I thought $77 was somewhat high but with the improvement it has made on the squier , I am going to replace the blocks on all of my trems. It is that good. It takes the Fender arm , not the Squier and the thing is solid with no Fender wobble at all.
    When I installed it and got it set up , the tremolo wouldn't return back to zero.
    I started looking and noticed that it was dragging on the treble side so I had to disassemble the thing and noticed that there was a little bit of lacquer build up so I got out the razor blade and took the lacquer off and reassembled it and have had no problems. For those that think this isn't worth 3 times the price of a GFS block, you don't know what you are missing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Vott

Vott Squier-Nut

Apr 21, 2010
    Louisville, Ky.
    Do you know if it will fit in bullets and affinities without cutting it down?

3. Cherokee

Apr 28, 2010
    Isle of Lucy
  4. dman

dman Squier-Nut

Dec 12, 2009
    Antioch, IL
    Danny, what are the differences between the KGC brass block and the GFS one?

5. D.Allen

D.Allen Squier-Meister

Jan 2, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    I always tell folks that changing to a high quality trem block will improve tone.
    Glad to see your post. Those are some $$$ for a squier but tone comes at a cost.

6. Cherokee

Apr 28, 2010
    Isle of Lucy
    The differences? $40 and the GFS block will not line up correctly. The string spacing will be slightly off . They will tell you the same thing, which causes string drag and breakage. I actually have a few GFS blocks on other guitars but none are like this. I can feel the difference. I think $69.95 is a cheap price for what I now call the Super Tone.

7. kiltedbelgian

kiltedbelgian Squier Talker

Nov 1, 2010
    Canada
    Well I finally broke down and got the same block for my Squier Deluxe Strat. Very, very nice piece of work indeed. For longer details about the install and the results of the upgrade, may I suggest:

http://dysfunctionalparrot.com/music-tech/review-kgc/

The little piece of brass was worth every dime.