Ketchup

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Eddd, Nov 18, 2020.

1. RegularJim

RegularJim Squier-Nut

Dec 30, 2017
    Illiconsin, Wisinois
    I hardly ever use ketchup for anything. I use it as an ingredient sometimes, like if I'm making a glaze or a sauce. Once in a blue moon I'll use a little on fries or tater tots, but it's usually mixed with mustard.

For me, ketchup is like a G major chord with an open B string.

One String Sam and mb doug like this.
  2. beagle

beagle Squier-Nut

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    You forgot the sweet chili sauce...

One String Sam, mb doug and Big tuna like this.
  3. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    Or H.P.sauce.

4. Big tuna

Big tuna Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Ketchup is not my usual choice for hot dogs i'm not sure why i will put everything you can imagine on them now.

One String Sam and mb doug like this.
  5. Twostratsfornow

Twostratsfornow Squier-Meister

Nov 14, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    Good stuff.
    And Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. Like the ad campaign used to say “I use that s*** on everything!”.

mb doug and Eddd like this.
  6. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head where I might think the ketchup is "missing" is with a grilled cheese. If it's good cheese I probably wouldn't use it.

I do like the ketchup/mayo blend on a McWendy's bacon cheeseburger.

mb doug likes this.
  7. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

Oct 7, 2013
    Wolf 359
    I like Habenero catsup on my eggs
    I like my hot dogs plain - hmmm, if you eat 3 for dinner does that make it a 3 dog night?

8. strat_strummer

strat_strummer ^^ Doing what I do best^^ Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    I remember growing up I could consume buckets of Ketchup but somewhere along the line I turned to hating it and not sure when.
    Mustard all the way..

9. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
    Brown mustard and cole slaw on my hot dogs please. Although kraut is good, and chili too.

RoyalWe, Eddd, One String Sam and 4 others like this.
  10. ScoobySnacker

ScoobySnacker Squier-Nut

Dec 4, 2018
    Never-reach, NY
    Ketchup gets a nice dollop of horseradish mixed in for a zingy shrimp cocktail sauce.

Mustard on hot dogs. Also onions, kraut and/or chili.:)

11. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    My hot dogs get mustard (either brown or yellow), chopped red onion, and dill relish. The ketchup goes on the French fries.

12. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    North Wales, United Kingdom
    Yes, cos I like it. But I prefer BBQ sauce instead :)

13. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Nut

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    Lol.Scourge of the condiment world. Thats how I feel about Mayo. Cursed be to whoever started putting Mayo on chicken sandwiches and hamburgers. Gross. As far as hot dogs go its either ketchup,brown mustard,and relish or chili,cheese and onion. And no cheap red hot dogs either. I prefer Sausage or Bratwurst but white hots (new york style white hot dogs) or 100% beef works too. Only thing mayo belongs on is cold cut sandwiches and BLTs. Otherwise I wouldn't touch the stuff.

mb doug and One String Sam like this.
  14. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    Since the discussion has veered toward scourges of the condiment world, can we talk about A-1 Steak Sauce?

CVSteve, mb doug, Eddd and 3 others like this.
  15. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Mayo on a hot dog just doesn't make sense to me, but you do you! For me, spicy brown mustard, ketchup, and relish, or mustard and chili. Had Chicago dogs at Patrillos when I used to go up there. Minus the peppers, very enjoyable!

16. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

Just so you know, I went out and bought hot dogs to have with last night's chili.

17. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic Silver Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    Mustard, ketchup, and kraut. Whether it’s from Nathan’s in Coney Island, Gray’s Papaya, the ballpark, an NYC dirty water dog vendor, or my own kitchen.

That’s what I like. I also love ABBA. Folks like what they like.

bluesguy62, CVSteve, mb doug and 6 others like this.
  18. One String Sam

One String Sam Squier-Nut

Jan 10, 2015
    The Moon
    Hot dogs make me think of New York, on my first visit friends took me to Nathans and on my three return visits I used the little botulism bar around the corner from my motel when getting back late from gigs. My first choice would be mustard. Haven't had a hot dog in at least twelve years, last visit to New York, sitting here finishing off the green salad, beetroot, brocolli, spaghetti, homemade hummus and a tomato base curry sauce I made when I got home, I'll go out to visit my mum later and buy her and her sister homemade icecream from local Italian cafe as they'll have to close for another three weeks from tomorrow afternoon. Homemade icecream with hotdogs, mmm.

19. Eddd

Eddd Squier-Meister

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    So what do you put on your chicken sandwiches?

bluesguy62 and mb doug like this.
  20. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Nut

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    ketchup, chili (no beans), onion, mustard, cheese (the fake stuff from a jar or can), diced tomato on a hotdog and bun = heaven