Just ordered a Squier Cyclone in Lake Placid Blue

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by menga, Jan 6, 2012.

1. menga

menga Squier-Meister

Jul 20, 2011
    Dallas, TX
  2. mrlinguini

mrlinguini Squier-holic

Jun 2, 2011
    San Diego, Ca
  3. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I have one. I'm not sure how close it is to the Fender color, though. I've never seen a Fender LPB guitar in person. I can say it sure is purdy though. It plays and sounds good, too.

4. menga

menga Squier-Meister

Jul 20, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Purdy is good. :)

As far as playing goes, I know it has the 24-3/4 inch scale neck so it should play similar to a Squier Jaguar (which I also liked but didn't buy that one.. didn't like the colors offered).

5. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Squier-Meister

Dec 22, 2009
    U.P. North
    I have one. The color seems a tad darker. It is a very pretty guitar. I don't have a pic of the whole guit, but here's a nice pic of the neck pocket crack my first sample had!

[​IMG]

6. rompo

rompo Dr. Squier

Jan 24, 2010
    ARKANSAS
    I have one on the way! Hopefully be here tomorrow!

7. menga

menga Squier-Meister

Jul 20, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    That looks very close to the Pawn Shop Mustang Special: http://www.fender.com/products/pawnshop/models.php?prodNo=0266400

...and that's a good thing. :)

8. mrlinguini

mrlinguini Squier-holic

Jun 2, 2011
    San Diego, Ca
    Jeff, is Fedex tracking saying it will be there tomorrow?

9. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    I really like those and the color looks great!

Congrats!

10. rompo

rompo Dr. Squier

Jan 24, 2010
    ARKANSAS

Just hit Memphis. Hopefully Monday. It stayed in California for 4 days after you sent it. with it being in memphis, it should be here monday. They did have it scheduled to arrive today, but bumped it back.

11. menga

menga Squier-Meister

Jul 20, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I had mine shipped direct-to-store (Guitar Center Tampa, FL). The shipping would have been free either way, but in case anything is wrong with the axe I can point it out right in the store.

I'm going to be sure to look for finish cracks around where the neck connects as shown in the photo earlier in this thread. Don't think there will be anything wrong, but as they say, one can never be too careful with these things. :D

12. rompo

rompo Dr. Squier

Jan 24, 2010
    ARKANSAS
    I bought mine from linguini, not GC. LOL.

13. menga

menga Squier-Meister

Jul 20, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    If I knew he was selling them I would've bought from him instead. :)

14. rompo

rompo Dr. Squier

Jan 24, 2010
    ARKANSAS

LOL, yeah. He bought his and decided against the shape of the guitar.

Off subject, dude. May I just say that you are a great player. I am subscribed to your youtube channel and really enjoy your stuff!

Jeff

15. menga

menga Squier-Meister

Jul 20, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Aw, drat.. thought he was a distributor. I like independent guitar sellers that carry major brands. Any chance I can get not to shop at Guitar Center, a.k.a. The "Wal-Mart Of Guitar Stores", I go for it. ;)

And thanks for the YouTube sub, much appreciated. I'm pretty sure I've convinced at least a few Squier haters to give the brand a shot after seeing a few of my vids. :D

16. rompo

rompo Dr. Squier

Jan 24, 2010
    ARKANSAS
    I couldn't agree with you more about GC. All the trendy kids that work there, etc. Just sucks to me.

17. menga

menga Squier-Meister

Jul 20, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Cyclone arrived at GC today, in box, never opened.

Opened it up in-store, had to send it back. Finish crack in the exact same spot where the neck meets the body as shown in the above photo earlier in this thread, small black marks in finish on the inner cutaway horns, dent on the underside of the neck, finish issues on the back of the guitar, and neck pickup pole pieces were all messed up.

On the only positive note, the Lake Placid Blue looked great.

A replacement will arrive in about a week. Hopefully it won't have the the same issues.

I am a sad panda.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  18. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Heartache, sorry buddy. :(

19. JapaneseBullets

JapaneseBullets Squier-holic

Ouch! I don't like hearing that. Seems like that particular model had some QC issues. I bet they'll make sure the replacement is perfect.

20. menga

menga Squier-Meister

Jul 20, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Agreed, there are definitely QC issues with the Cyclone. The guitar was brought from the back of the store in never-opened condition, all boxed up with the steel staples still on it and everything, so it definitely wasn't Guitar Center's fault; it came delivered that way.

Bleah..

I have faith Squier will make good with the replacement. Fingers crossed. :)