JOYO JAMBUDDY Demo/Review

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by SquierTap, Nov 25, 2020.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    So, this is a pedal sized amplifer that JOYO is puttin out now... It's a 2 channel/4 watt amp... But the second pedal is a drive control that switches between "classic" crunch and "Hi Gain" for more modern/brown sounds... It has TWO 40mm speakers built in, a 1/4 inch headphone out for silent practice, recording, or heading straight to the P.A. ... It also has Bluetooth wireless connection so you can jam to your favorite songs or backing tracks... And lastly, it has a RECHARGABLE battery, and you can charge it with the included power supply... The delay is extremely flexible with controls for the delay mix, time, and feedback... A lil "secret" feature that I found was to adjust the time feature to a quick setting (to the left) and turn the feedback up and you get a sound that's "close enough" to reverb ( for practice, anyway)... A pretty cool lil gadget, and seems like it'd be awesome for a travel or "at work" rig... Here's my video demo/review;

Stillhouse, dbrian66 and radiotech like this.
  2. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    I haven’t been able to have a “work rig” for about five years...:(

SquierTap and dbrian66 like this.
  3. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Hey, I'm a stay-at-home Mom, lol... All my rigs are work rigs, lol...

radiotech likes this.
  4. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    when I started playing again, I was working full-time nights, and taking care of my kids during the day... once they both got to a full day of school, and I started getting sleep again, I was ready to go!

SquierTap likes this.
  5. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Dammit, son... Lol, that sounds like a rough period... I bet you were havin hallucinations that they were bein good, lol...

radiotech likes this.
  6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I consider you guys friends, so I'll just go ahead and speak freely here; This ain't gonna be replacing my Katana Mini anytime soon... The Katana sounds way better, to me, anyways... The KM has MUCH better bass... We actually use the KM with our big screen TV for movie night all the time, and it sounds great for music and explosions and such... The JAMBUDDY has TWO 40mm speakers, and the KM has a "specially designed" 4 INCH speaker... I was curious, so I looked it up; 4 inches is about 100mm, so these speakers are less than half the size of the one in the KM... And you can tell... The KM will get much louder... In the demo, I had the master cranked on the JB...

And I really wasn't impressed with the clean sounds on the JAMBUDDY... Which is kind of a big deal when you primarily play clean, like I do... The KM's clean channel sounds great, and is really responsive to the gain control... Almost a Fender-ish deal...

The delay's a lil better on the JB, and it DOES have the power supply included (the KM didn't) AND it has a RECHARGABLE built-in battery... BUT, the 6 AA batteries in the KM DO last forever... And the JB has the Bluetooth, so no wires to connect to your phone... And the JB is a LIL bit less expensive... But not MUCH, lol...

I guess it's like I told @SubSailer671, if your main concern is SOUND and tone, go with the Katana Mini, and if your main goal is portability, go for the JAMBUDDY...

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  7. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Left the Forum
    I've been trying to reach you in PM.....

SquierTap likes this.