Jay Turser - Vintage Series - NGD

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Las Palmas Norte, May 21, 2020.

1. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    That looks very similar to my OS, although nicer. But, it's got almost the same neck, with the same tuners, headstock shape, dual string trees, and the same style bridge, like those on the Bullet Strats with trem, with the same saddles. Similar serial number too- mine is S19041034. Does it have skinny vintage style frets? I just noticed the OS has a 9.5" radius, but with the small vintage frets. I kinda like that. And, I just realized I don't have any spare gigbags anymore, so I'm gonna have to buy one for the OS.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. Geetarman72

Geetarman72 Squier Talker

Apr 18, 2020
    Deltona
    Looks like you stole that ! Great looking mod platform. Our old music store before it closed sold a lot of Jay Turser

3. Measurements and further investigation will have to wait until I can break this down.
    At this point I'm not sure what the end result will be.
    Thanks for the up side compliments on this 'un. Cheers, Barrie.

MrYeats likes this.
  4. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    This is one sweet looking Strat! I hope it turns out to be a player for ya :cool:

MrYeats and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  5. I took the pick guard off for a look … no surprises there. No shielding paint & cheap Chinese parts.

JT-01.jpg
    JT-02.jpg
    JT-03.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

Viking and MrYeats like this.
  6. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    DSCN1063.JPG DSCN1068.JPG
    That looks just like the Oscar Schmidt! Same HHH routing and identical ceramic pickups. I guess the OS-300 and JT-300 are basically the same guitar with a different name on the headstock. They even both use the 300 model number with just a different two letter prefix for Jay Turser or Oscar Schmidt.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  7. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    I have a black S10 Vintage Series. I like it a lot. The neck feels good and is pretty slick, no sharp edges, etc...The electrics still need improvement but overall a pretty nice guitar...The quilt is a definite plus on yours. HNGD!

8. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    hngd nice score

MrYeats likes this.
  9. If I'm going to hang onto this guitar, I'll upgrade the wiring harness and pickups. I'll have to check the neck a bit closer. The neck could be thinner (front to back) so I'll put the calipers on in it and compare to some others I have. Fret ends are OK, but a light touch up is in order.
    Cheers, Barrie.

Viking and MrYeats like this.
  10. I took the strings off and put the calipers to use.

First fret.
    JT-firstfret.jpg

Twelfth fret
    JT-12thfret.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

11. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    Slim.....I am thinking now all my measurements are wrong, because I used a caliper and INCLUDED the height of the fret on all my previous measurements lol

12. mwmeci

mwmeci Squier-Meister

Jun 28, 2015
    Minneapolis
    I had one also. As I recall it had a thin neck but sounded good.

13. wickedtools

wickedtools Dr. Squier

May 16, 2010
    west texas
  14. I'm tempted to get a new (to my liking) neck, and gut the p/ups and wiring harness. No knee jerk reactions at this point … just a even keeled evaluation over time.
    Cheers, Barrie.

15. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Very nice looking Strat !

HNGD !