Japan Squier Bullet 1?

Discussion in 'Japanese Vintage Squiers' started by tomeatv, Mar 1, 2012.

1. psp742

psp742 Squier-holic

Sep 17, 2011
    Morganville, NJ
  2. Harold Finch

Harold Finch Squier Talker

Mar 22, 2020
    Sulligent, AL

3. Harold Finch

Harold Finch Squier Talker

Mar 22, 2020
    Sulligent, AL
    This appears to be an old post.
    This Squier Bullet is MIK. After
    1984 Fender opted for Korea to produce this model. MIJ Squire Bullets 83-84 serial number starts with SQ on the backplate. MIK serial number for this model starts with an E on the backplate. Reverb Music has some good examples of USA, MIJ Squire Bullets on their appraisal value page. I own a Squire Bullet 83-84 MIJ two tone brown sunburst. There are many more differences than above in the MIJ and MIK Bullets. See the Reverb site.

drewcp likes this.
  4. stratmanshow

stratmanshow Squier-Meister

Feb 7, 2014
    BC Canada
    Not quite correct. MIJ SQ Bullets generally had solid bodies, E serial MIJ went to ply. 86 (E6) Bullets and some Fenders and Squiers (assumed to be MIJ) had no identification of country on any part, 87 E7 Bullets were made in India and Korea
    http://www.squierwiki.com/Bullet-Series is interesting

5. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I have two MIK E7 Bullet 1 strats, with the pickguard mounted jack on the front. Neither are ply/laminate

After typing that I see you were taking about the MIJ ones being ply. Nevermind.

6. stratmanshow

stratmanshow Squier-Meister

Feb 7, 2014
    BC Canada
    The non ply MIK Bullet 1 I owned was actually a "sandwich" with a thin center layer.

7. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Left the Forum
    Incorrect - E7's were ONLY made in 1987 by Young Chang in Korea, and the Indian stuff which was only Squier II branded had N serial number prefixes and didn't begin until 1989/90

The E7 and E10 stuff was solid alder with a maple veneer back and front.....you can easily tell MIJ from MIK - MIJ didn't have truss rod access at the headstock.

Squier Wiki has lots of mistakes....

drewcp likes this.
  8. CleGtrPhoenix

CleGtrPhoenix New Member

Nov 18, 2020
    Cleveland, OH
    I have two MiJ Squier Bullet S-3T , anyone know where I can get a tremolo arm that fits the two point tremolo? A standard 6mm is too large, while I am assuming it is probably a 5mm tremolo bar, yet I saw one marketed for this that is 4.66mm. Can anyone validate the diameter of the proper tremolo bar for these great classic Squiers? Where to find or order the tremolo bars, I need two.

Attached Files:

drewcp likes this.
  9. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Left the Forum
    Welcome to the forum

You should start a new thread rather than posting in an 8 year old one.....doing this is considered bad etiquette and makes things hard to follow.....

We have no idea of the diameter, you will have to go to a hardware store and try different metric screws and then you'll find out....they were ALL over the place.....

drewcp likes this.
  10. brians356

brians356 Squier Talker

Nov 24, 2020
    Reno, NV
    Do your MIK E7s say "Made In Korea" on the front of the headstock?

I have a Squire Bullet S3T w/ an E7 serial on the neck plate. It says "Made ..." on the headstock, but some genius scratched the rest out (to raise the resale value, don't you see?) From your and another post, I believe it's MIK, but wondered if it should say so on the decal?
    -

drewcp likes this.
  11. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Left the Forum
    E7's are all made in Korea by Young Chang

12. brians356

brians356 Squier Talker

Nov 24, 2020
    Reno, NV
    I was already convinced it's MIK. Let me rephrase the question: Did all MIK E7 Bullets say "Made in Korea" on the front of the headstock?
    -

13. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    Left the Forum
    They either had nothing, or said MADE IN KOREA, never "MADE IN" with nothing else....

they did not all have country designation on them....

14. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Mine says Made in Korea