January Riff Raff??

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by IronSchef, Jan 17, 2021.

1. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier Double Platinum Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    Forgive me, couldn’t find a riff raff for this month ...

not really much of of a guitar/tone video - just a fun Cat (7) v Guitar (ovation) encounter :)

2. Riffraff

Riffraff Squier-Meister

^ LOL cat singer.

I broke out an oldie but a goodie today. I haven't used this amp in a year.....why?
    Telecaster straight in.

3. fadetoz

fadetoz Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Working on this idea.. I kind of know what i'm trying to do but it's hard to play. That's why I usually make up easy stuff. I hate it when I have to try to re learn my own music.
    idk yet..png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    I like it, great for warm up and practice session. Definitely would be difficult for me to learn. The relationship between my eyes and hands don't jive that well, so its tough for me to follow tabs.

fadetoz likes this.
  5. fadetoz

fadetoz Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I don't use tab often. Just thought I'd post it in case someone wanted to mess around with the riff. I like the idea of it as a warmup. Would do the job wouldn't it.

strat_strummer likes this.
  6. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma

I was in the mood for the Moody Blues.

vlxerdon and fadetoz like this.
  7. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Montana
    That is very funny and very cute.
    Good Kitty. MEOW!!!

8. Riffraff

Riffraff Squier-Meister

Little jam along lead over a small part of a GuitarBackingTracks.com backing track with my Tele, a Danelectro Pride of Texas OD and a Tweaker 15 head.

This is just a by product of some experimentation I was doing this morning. I wanted to learn how to import a backing track into Reaper, edit it and record lead track over it. I try to learn something new in Reaper every morning while I'm drinking my morning coffee. I'm a complete noob with it and need to learn the basics so I can record some tunes with my wife. Today I learned how to fade a track in & out, how to use the automated volume control to remove unintended elements in a recorded track like string noise or a sour note and how to remove the 60Hz hum from my amp in a recorded track. The good part about Reaper is it's been around forever so all you need to do when you want to learn how to solve a problem is Google it.

So with all this digital magic at my finger tips I created this turd. LOL!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021