It's what the world has become...

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by strat_strummer, Nov 21, 2020.

1. strat_strummer

strat_strummer ^^ Doing what I do best^^ Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    I am totally shocked at the caliber of the kindness of some people especially during this pandemic.
    I've never seen such a better bunch of people more than I have seen here. Several guys actually. @MrYeats
    You have shown plenty and I thank you as well..

We all must agree that the guys in this forum are what we all need. The friendships, the caring, the giving, and most importantly the friendly advice that everybody gives.

I am honored to call @Eddie my very dear friend and I trust this man's word as much as I trust my wife.
    He has shown more kindness to me than anyone I have ever met. Unfortunately he and his family live in NY and my wife and I live in Idaho.
    Someday my friend we will hook up and pull some guitar strings...

I want to share my gift from Eddie that showed up at my front door today.. Eddie my friend? You brought me to tears buddy and I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart....

John

100_0963.JPG

2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    That’s pretty damn cool. @Eddie is a top notch dude!

3. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
  4. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Hey @Eddie ole buddy, ole pal.
    Just kidding. Great stuff dude.

CVSteve, bluesguy62, MrYeats and 6 others like this.
  5. strat_strummer

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    I have seen several guys ask around about the Grote's and Firefly guitars and I can tell you , out of the box this thing sounds awesome. It needs a proper set up because the action is a bit high but she sounds really nice.
    Tonight I will change strings, do a set up, and adjust the pups to my liking and then hit the tour....:D

6. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Nut

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    @Eddie is awesome. Earlier this year he helped me out with a NC PG for a project I was working on. After all was said and done He sent me 2 of them, loaded nonetheless and only asked that I pay shipping. In the past year or so since I joined I have had more than a few guys here help me out with various parts (sometimes for just the cost of shipping)as well as some much appreciated advice. Thanks @Eddie , @rolloman , @Afrika61 , @Kenneth Mountain , @crowtee , @JurnyWannaBe, @Anacharsis ,@IronSchef, @mduganjr for being part of the best group of GAS enablers on the net. I only hope that one day I'll get the chance to repay the kindness and generosity. Sorry if I'm forgetting anyone. Yall make this place great and I for one feel honored to be a part of such a good group of folks.

CVSteve, techowiz, Afrika61 and 11 others like this.
  7. strat_strummer

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    There is far to many to mention as far as top of the line guys, but this room is definitely full of them.

CVSteve, bluesguy62, MrYeats and 5 others like this.
  8. Twostratsfornow

Twostratsfornow Squier-Meister

Nov 14, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    I’ve been lurking on this site for several months and I have been a member for a week. I must say that the good folks here display a real sense of community I rarely see in a forum of any type. Kudos.

CVSteve, bluesguy62, jnz84 and 7 others like this.
  9. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    OMG! What a terrific gesture.

10. strat_strummer

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    I'm telling you guys, I am absolutely blown away....

11. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

Happy birthday !! Something small for someone very deserving. :)

This forum has become my second family.

wickedtools, CVSteve, Hoss and 14 others like this.
  12. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier Talk Member ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

@Eddie is a first rate guy! I hope someday to find a way to do him a good turn.

13. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier Talk Member ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Someday, when this is all over and the world has returned to something resembling sane behavior, I would love to have a Squier-Talk Meet-N-Greet. Maybe pick a city with easy travel and good hotels and make it a weekend thing. Rent a hall in the hotel and all of us sit down, visit, maybe play a tune or fifty.

CVSteve, bluesguy62, MrYeats and 8 others like this.
  14. strat_strummer

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Man that sounds like fun...

CVSteve, MrYeats, Eddd and 5 others like this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Yes, that would be a great vacation. :)

CVSteve, jnz84, MrYeats and 5 others like this.
  16. Shine

Shine Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2016
    Rings of Saturn
    Wow, a red 335thingy has been on my list for too many decades!

Just think, Eddie not only gives here, but at home and in the classroom as well.

A toast and a jam are definitely in order.

17. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Great people here.... In on a few forum's and none compare to this one and yes mark aka Mr years. And eddie both top shelf individuals. As well as a while bunch of other people. Enjoy your new gift and enjoy your stay here.

CVSteve, Hoss, MrYeats and 5 others like this.
  18. strat_strummer

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    I've been 335thingying for awhile myself. It's a incredible gift.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    CVSteve, MrYeats, Shine and 2 others like this.
  19. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Nut

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    I almost started a thread the other day along these lines. I figure this may be a good spot to post it....

I was searching for something concerning guitars the other day and some of the results took me other forums. Many of the threads devolved into immature trolling and it was both frustrating and disappointing. Frustrating because I had to slog through all the arguing and bitterness in search of my answer and disappointing, well, just because the internet can be a disappointing place.

But it got me to thinking about the S-T page and how stuff like that would never fly here and it would've been shut down post haste or just ignored as not part of normal manners and eventually drift off into a dead thread.

I'm a Johnny-come-lately to the site compared to others, but it's pretty rare to have a group like this on the internet. Which takes me full circle back to the original post...you'd never find this type of stuff on any of the other forums.

For that, I salute all the members and the admins/moderators. You guys have a really great thing goin. :)

wickedtools, CVSteve, MrYeats and 9 others like this.
  20. Shine

Shine Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2016
    Rings of Saturn
    I look forward to saying, "Really, trolling? How 2020."

CVSteve, MrYeats and Kenneth Mountain like this.